Blaster builds, Boba Fett finished, Leia, Greedo, Jabba, DH-17, Kylo Ren

Re: Star Wars: Jabba's Palace Guard Blaster DL-18, SE-14R, DDC Defender & Biker Scout

THAT`S MY BOY :) !!!

Didn´t know you built/ collected THAT many over the short amount of time...love your collection :cool
If you´re tight on display space, I´d recommend getting a metal perforated sheet panel to put up on your wall...take a look at my thread to get an idea of what I am talking about.

Keep the blasters coming :thumbsup

Markus

Re: Star Wars: Jabba's Palace Guard Blaster DL-18, SE-14R, DDC Defender & Biker Scout

Paul, ... you do know they are going to shoot episode VII in your 'backyard' at Leavesden Studio's?
Perhaps in time you could help them out with some of your OT blaster props when needed for sake
of continuity . . . then afterwards you can claim them to be screen-used.

Chaim

P.S. Great collection ... eventhough blasters remain uncivilized . . . from my point of view.

What a great collection of Blasters:thumbsup

Thank you for the comments :)

I didn't realise that I'd acquired so many already

I like to have a project on the go & each time I finish one I just want to start another

so many more I'd love to build though

When it comes to display it's not really an issue of space more that my wife doesn't quite share my enthusiasm for blasters

I have 1 nice MR style case & I rotate the DL-44's in it (it's the ROTJ turn at the moment)

but I've also got my E11, Jabba Blaster, biker scout blaster, Luke V2 saber, 3 obi sabers, a graflex, an MPP, thermal detonator, ESB stormtrooper helmet, Mal Reynolds pistol, Blade Runner PKD & Samaritan on the shelves in the dining room so I won't grumble (would love a room full though)

my 2 year old daughter loves them though one of her first words was Blaster, we were watching ROTS & she went & got the big DC15a out & ran about with it even though it's bigger than her, I liked that she saw it on screen & went & got the right one, she even has Darth Vader in her little pushchair :lol

I thought I'd have another crack at a DH-17, I got a few of the Hasbro blasters in the sale around Christmas,

I painted one last year & thought I'd do another aiming for more of a ESB/ROTJ look

for the life of me I can't get these things apart

I cut down the pull back part, sanded off all of the writing & filled in the gaps etc.

I had a spare E11 magazine & V8 pistons from Doopydoos, I had to fill in ejection port to get the magazine to fit

finally I used some batteries as an approximation of the side greeblies

then primed :)

I'm not going for accuracy here just an approximation, I may well do another & reshape the grip etc. but this is just a quick build for the weekend :lol

Attachments

• IMG_8684.JPG
    IMG_8684.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8681.JPG
    IMG_8681.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_8680.JPG
    IMG_8680.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8686.JPG
    IMG_8686.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8685.JPG
    IMG_8685.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8679.JPG
    IMG_8679.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8687.JPG
    IMG_8687.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_8689.JPG
    IMG_8689.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8691.JPG
    IMG_8691.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8692.JPG
    IMG_8692.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
Re: Jabba's Palace Guard Blaster DL-18, SE-14R, DDC Defender, Biker Scout & DH-17

Great collection.

May I ask you about the the 3D printed Scout blaster? How is the size? Does it seem a bit too small?
I have the Kenner Biker Scout blaster, and I know it's oversized, but yours looks pretty small. I'm in the market
for a more accurate blaster, and I'm wondering if that would work for me.

Re: Jabba's Palace Guard Blaster DL-18, SE-14R, DDC Defender, Biker Scout & DH-17

As far as I know the 3D printed scout blasters are pretty accurate size wise (I think they were designed by a member here)

From what I've seen the original props were small & had to fit in the ankle holster

I think The scope on these is the same size as a singlepoint

Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

I really like them

This what I got off a website about the size. Any chance you would do me the favor of measuring the overall length and the length of the scope?
And maybe the guy you bought them from?

Thanks,
Jason

"The generic measurement of the scout blaster is 21cm long (from tip of the barrel to end of the gun) and an 4cm inches maximum width for the main body. The barrel is 1cm in diameter. The Single Point Scope is 18.5cm long and 3.2cm in diameter at the back of the scope. The general diameter of the scope tube is 2.5cm."

Taken from http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bikerscout/theblaster.html

Last edited:

You've done a lot of blasters! Great photo of them all together, nice work man. I just finished my first blaster and I think I'm hooked, may post some photos up.
Andy

May I ask you about the the 3D printed Scout blaster?

I believe that is from Zenix. Take a look at his thread: http://www.therpf.com/f9/3d-printed-scout-trooper-blaster-174331/

I asked him about availabilty in the future. He stated that since he 3D printed them, he could print one whenever anyone wanted one. I need to get off my butt and get one but I got a couple projects waiting on my bench already.

Thanks. I thought it might have been Zenix. I'm hoping its full sized. It just looks so small.
Maybe he could up the size by a bit for me?

You never know. I always thought the thermal detonator was the size of a softball. But the scout pistol should be pretty easy to figure out. You would need a good reference photo, a measurement of a single point scope, and the assumption that the scope casting had no major shrinkage when cast.

If you get one, I'd love to see your build too.

Realised I never posted any finished pics of the ESB DH-17

not the most accurate but I'm fairly happy with it,

I've got another in the loft to play with at some point

Obviously 2 of the pics are of the ANH one :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    959.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 73

Happened upon a Ruger BB gun so figure that I can have a crack at building a Greedo Blaster (not sure why it hadn't occurred to me before)

it's a gas powered one apparently not that I have any plans to shoot it,

I like that it seems to break down completely

I have some Tomtit parts to get started,

barrel looks very thick, wasn't planning on changing it but the Tomtit grill would be too small

Ive got some metal pipe that the cylinder fits onto nicely so just need to figure out how to use it (maybe with a step down)

I know this isn't going to be an accurate build as I'll mostly be using parts I have to hand in my bits & bobs box

looks like there's gonna be lots to do :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 92
Re: Greedo Blaster, Jabba's Palace Blaster, SE-14R, DDC Defender, Biker Scout & DH-17

I love what you've been doing with these blasters! After all my searching I've never been able to find any parts!! Where've you been looking? I've tried eBay etc

Re: Greedo Blaster, Jabba's Palace Blaster, SE-14R, DDC Defender, Biker Scout & DH-17

Thanks, I just like having projects on the go, this Greedo blaster is starting to feel less straight forward than I imagined :lol

I don't pretend that my builds are ever the most accurate as I'll just make do a lot of the time when I can't find parts,

what parts are you struggling with?

I mostly search eBay, the Junkyard, toy shops, hardware stores, things I find on the street etc :lol

Decided that I needed to get started with this blaster :lol

Obviously the airsoft barrel is too thick so my plan was to make a barrel out of a piece of metal Pipe I had

wasn't sure how I was going to fit it so I hit upon another idea while I was at work, noticed my marker pens had a slight taper & looked the right kinda size so I brought some home to take apart :lol

With the airsoft barrel unscrewed the marker tube fitted neatly over the metal base of the barrel & the Tomtit cylinder fits perfectly onto it

I needed to try & do some sort of step down from the body to the barrel I have a small piece of the White PVC pipe (originally a kitchen roll holder from work) that I've used for all sorts on other builds, it fits into the small recess of the airsofts barrel perfectly, & fits snugly over the marker pen barrel,

this is just a rough test fitting but I can't believe how well these random bits fit together & I think they look like they may work :lol

Think I'll abandon the metal pipe plan, as I think the tapered marker pen actually looks more barrel like

i want to keep the brass airsoft barrel poking through the cylinder so I need to drill a hole in the cylinder & probably cut down the brass barrel to length

so so much more to do on this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76

Probably doesn't look like any progress at all here but I've shortened the barrel a bit & drilled the cylinder so that the brass airsoft barrel can stick through

think I'll saw it parallel with the end of the cylinder

need to epoxy the barrel parts to the upper & sand ready for painting :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 66

I read that the greeblie on the back of the Ruger was a screw cover so I got a few different ones

decided to use the matt black one (no idea if it was the most accurate just the one I liked)

got it all sanded & broken down ready for a coat of primer tonight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    930.8 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 59

Moving forwards with the Greedo Blaster,

Painted the airsoft Ruger under coated in silver so I can weather it

my Mitchell parts arrived from shapeways (was just gonna use a biro :lol) but have ended up using a pen part for the back end

got some satellite connectors to sit in the Tomtit catamaran part, I know these aren't accurate

I always end up with a mix of accurate, idealised, inaccurate & what I can get hold of :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back