Blaster builds, Boba Fett finished, Leia, Greedo, Jabba, DH-17, Kylo Ren

Re: Blaster builds Leia, Greedo's, Jabba's Palace, DH-17, Biker Scout, Kylo Ren ...

This arrived today - Rubies Boba Fett EE-3 :)

i know now it's far from perfect or accurate but I really like it, I really like this whole current crop of Rubies Blasters

for the price around £12 I'm not complaing it looks close enough for my needs, think I prefer to the look over the Hasbro

size wise it seems pretty good (little short either end) I'm sure if you were inclined you could lengthen it

I will be taking it apart (just to see how it goes together) thinking I'll glue & screw it back together then filler on the seams, screw holes etc

looking forward to painting it up

also got another Leia with it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,018.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 90
Re: Blaster builds Leia, Greedo's, Jabba's Palace, DH-17, Biker Scout, Kylo Ren ...

Are you going for a wooden stock?

Probably not with this one, much like with the Leia I'll just do a fairly straight forward repaint first & see how it looks

if I like it I can always order another for a more complicated mod

the stock looks like it will unscrew if I wanted to replace, I was also thinking you could maybe add a real scope & even lengthen or replace the barrel

Took the Rubies Boba Fett to pieces :lol

mosty came apart easily enough, not too many screws

I like that the scope is a seperate part, my plan is to add a little weight inside & then glue the whole thing back together,

I find that it just makes it a lot more solid & easier to fill the seams than just the screws holding it together

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 99

Decided to make a start on my ROTJ Leia

I really do think these Rubies Leia Blasters are great :)

it only took a minute or so with a Stanley knife to remove the coiled section,

I then cut off the front sight & the little rod thing under the barrel

looks like I'll need to cut the barrel through either at the front sight or back where it joins the body to be able to slide the Tomtit parts on

Shapeways had free shipping for new customers so I ordered a couple of the ROTJ flash hiders/muzzles that E Williams put on thingverse (thanks for making these available)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811.5 KB · Views: 79

I was moving some stuff round in the loft today & found these

So just for giggles here is my Rubies alongside my first 2 attempts at a ANH Leia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    860.9 KB · Views: 182

I like the look of the Leia blasters with no weathering. Seems like she would take better care of her personal sidearm than a bounty hunter or a scoundrel. :0) I recently painted up my Leia ROTJ blaster and just went with a flat black metallic finish for the body and a gloss black for the grips, left it alone after that and hung it up on the wall.

My E Williams muzzles arrived from Shapeways today :)

I got both styles but I think I like the squared off version

think it'll do nicely for my build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 99

Did a little bit of work on my Rubies EE-3,

I never worried about adding weight to Toy conversions before but these Rubies Blasters are very light as they have no electronics etc, I added some weight to my Rubies E-11 & liked the result so have done the same thing here

i bought some bags of mixed nuts from a pound store & have used the big ones over the screw posts, actually added about 200g of weight :lol

i glued them in place & then I've epoxied the 2 halves of the blaster, scope & stock together, feel much sturdier than just the screws

started filling the seams etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 69

Finished up filling & sanding the Rubies EE-3 & gave it a coat of primer,

it's a cheap plastic toy & I don't think I'd ever get it perfect but it's ok

filled in 2 of the 3 screw holes in the stock side of the grip, I've not drilled out the barrel as there is a screw right behind it

For paint I'm gonna do an undercoat of silver then satin black with heavy weathering, from what I can tell the actual prop is a grey colour but I can't find the right shade

pit always looked black on screen to me so I think I'll go that way

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    859.8 KB · Views: 70

Picked up one of the Nerf First Order blaster pistols today, any other Nerf guns I've ever held always feel big but this is annoyingly undersized

I'm told the blaster is based off a Glock pistol in some kind of carbine kit but this is a lot smaller than my old airsoft Glock

still I don't hate it & figured it's worth trying a repaint

I've drilled out the holes in the Flash Hider, filed off the various bits of writing & filled in the screw holes

I'm gonna undercoat in silver then do a lot of masking off to paint the black & white areas

I'm not sure how Star Warsy this blaster feels but at least the Flash hider is a nod in the right direction :lol

would love over someone to built a proper 1-1 Glock Conversion kit for this blaster once we have some better reference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    838 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    955.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 79

My E Williams muzzles arrived from Shapeways today :)

I got both styles but I think I like the squared off version

think it'll do nicely for my build

COOL! I missed the updates in this thread and didn't see you'd ordered them already. Awesome! Glad they turned out well :)

Re: Blaster builds First Order Pistol, Boba Fett, Leia, Greedo, Jabba, DH-17, Kylo Re

Undercoated in silver,

I usually don't paint the grips/stocks silver as I often gloss them but even though I'm not going for screen accurate with the Boba Fett I'm planning the all over weathering style seen on the ROTJ prop

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 76
Re: Blaster builds First Order Pistol, Boba Fett, Leia, Greedo, Jabba, DH-17, Kylo Re

While the Boba Fett is drying I Decided it was time to crack on with my Leia ROTJ buildtime to man up & chop that barrel off :lolfigured it was easier than cutting & gluing the Tomtit cylinder parts back together, I cut as close to the body as I could where it will be hidden by the cylinder

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 89

Got the Boba Fett Blaster painted satin black time to start on the weathering

just been adding some drybrushed Browns for for the dirt/rust effect (I remember why I stopped weathering this way very slow going) & then I'm going to take off some of the black for the silver undercoat to show through in spots.

the Leia ROTJ is masked ready for a silver undercoat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.4 KB · Views: 77

While the Boba Fett is drying I Decided it was time to crack on with my Leia ROTJ buildtime to man up & chop that barrel off :lolfigured it was easier than cutting & gluing the Tomtit cylinder parts back together, I cut as close to the body as I could where it will be hidden by the cylinder

Progress is looking good! Which bumpons are those?? They look bigger/better than the 3M SJ5007 ones in the earlier post.

Progress is looking good! Which bumpons are those?? They look bigger/better than the 3M SJ5007 ones in the earlier post.

mine are just some generic eBay rubber squares :lol think they're 12mm by 12mm by 5mm

various blasters in various stages of completion

think I'm done weathering the Boba Fett, not gone for screen accurate just really Haggard

had a mini disaster when I went to put it together & my carefully filled seams started splitting, if I do another one of these then I won't be adding the extra weight it, think it puts too much strain on the glue :facepalm

need to fix it up & get it back together

ROTJ Leia is ready for its black coat

need to mask up the TFA Nerf gun ready to paint white but I can't face it yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 74

Got the Rubies Boba Fett Blaster put back together & I'm gonna call it finished

still kicking myself about splitting the seams but figure the blaster is weathered enough that it doesn't matter too much

Paint job isn't perfect but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, I just went to town making it look battered

I know it's not accurate but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out for a very cheap toy it paints up ok :lol

it'll fill the EE3 gap in my blaster collection for now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    970.8 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    937.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 61
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back