Any Toy Sculptors??

Beechy McFly

Sr Member
Aloha all.. I'm going to push myself to finish my BttF Monopoly, and wondering if there are any members who are Toy Sculptors, that might be able to help out with some custom pieces?? Or if anyone knows where I might find someone, that is reasonably cheap..

I know exactly what I want, just need someone with the skills.. Thanx..

I do custom action figures. I'm not an amazing sculptor, but I've been working at it. Most of my customs start with a base that I cut stuff off and sculpt other stuff on. If you're interested, check out my Facebook page. I won't be able to make anything until Christmas gifts are done, but I'll try and help you if I can.

What style are you looking for? Super detailed or a simplified style/version? Because I've done toy sculpting in the past, both toy customs on pre-existing figures as well as a few things from scratch. And I'm only okay-ish with detailed work and tend to do better with more of a simplified style of the character. I'm at work right now, but I can get some pics of my work once I'm home.

A fair warning though, I'm slow. I don't have a lot of free hours in the week so I fit in what I can.

Random story - My slowness ended up getting me a C&D at one point because I had an informal okay to make and sell some figures, and by the time I got the third figure in the set done and all 150 (50 sets) of them cast, the property had officially sold the license.

At least I hadn't painted them all yet. lol

Totally forgot about the thread.. :p My bad..

I've had a few members contact me in regards to helping me out with a few things.. Ozymandius has said, (Now what was it??) "I want in!!" :lol So we are just discussing what the final ten Tokens will be, as he starts work on them.. Thanx for interest anyways.. It's getting closer and closer to being completed..

I totally lost track of this thread. >.< But it turns out that my style of sculpting wouldn't fit with what was needed anyway, so I guess it wasn't a horrible loss. Definitely interested to see what comes out of this though. :)

Update: There's been a bump in the road, as the person that was going to do them up for me, has got his hands full with a new career opportunity..

So, I'm still looking for someone that will be able to help me out.. I don't have much $$, but can offer some, and maybe trade, maybe even a copy of the game when finished.. Here's the Tokens I'm looking at:

01.. DeLorean
02.. Einstein
03.. JVC GR-C1 Camcorder
04.. Gibson ES-335 Guitar
05.. Mattel Hoverboard
06.. Nike MAGS (Either one shoe, or a pair)
07.. Doc's Locomotive Train
08.. Colt Peacemaker
09.. Flux Capacitor
10.. Gray's Sports Almanac 1950-2000 Book

These would have to be about 25mm-30mm (2.5cm-3cm) at the longest point of each Token.. The more detail the better.. I'm looking at having them made with pewter, like the original game, so even 3D files of them is fine, so I can get them printed out and molded etc.. PM me if you can help, especially if you want to see this Monopoly version come to life.. :p

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back