Found great Dredd Jacket and Pants

In my quest to do a really good Dredd costume without breaking the bank (or ending my marriage before our wedding day), I decided to search out cheaper options than the amazing screen accurate $950 suit that is being offered by Kurt Struss/Reel Images. As a result, I started looking at other sport bike style motorcycle gear. Cycle Gear has their own product line called Bilt, which is reasonably well constructed and very inexpensive. The Bilt Spirit jacket and pants look the part nicely, and both pieces can be had on sale right now for under $300, total ($150 jacket, $120 pants). Compared to $950, that's a heck of a bargain. The jacket sleeves don't have all the detailing with the accordion stretch panels, nor does the collar have the snap closure, but the rest looks close enough to make me happy. I also suspect all but the most picky cosplayer will feel the same. The pants are an excellent match. The biggest difference I can see is that they don't have the stretch fabric panel up the inside of the thigh and across the front. Again, I feel it's not that noticeable. All in all, with the addition of an armor vest (I'll be getting mine from Kurt) and the knee/elbow pads, it covers enough of the suit to make the inconsistencies a non-issue for me. Here are some pics of the suit I picked up tonight, as well as the Bilt Explorer boots I'm planning to use. The boots aren't all that close, but they look the part, and I already had them for my Sith costume. I'm going to look into making some removable shin armor to match the movie closer.

Attachments

• Dredd Suit 04.JPG
    Dredd Suit 04.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 358
  • Dredd Suit 03.JPG
    Dredd Suit 03.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 313
  • Dredd Suit 02.JPG
    Dredd Suit 02.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 594
  • Dredd Suit 01.JPG
    Dredd Suit 01.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 616
Yeah, your leathers look pretty good! Especially the pants. The pants I ended up with look similar to yours. I think a lot of people forget that the armor vest covers most of the jacket.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back