Pepakura Stormtrooper Outfit

anamorphicWayne

Sr Member
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any photos of a completed Pepakura Stormtrooper Oufit they would like to share? I'm interested in tackle this project, but I haven't found one completed and I'm curious to see what kind of results people are getting.

:D

Here are some pics of my suit, which is based on heavily modified Fierfek and Dung0Beetle meshes. The shoulders, arms and legs are vacformed - arms are my sculpts and the shoulders and legs are Oota Goota's.
Troop1.jpgTroop3.jpgTroop7.jpgTroop8.jpg
DSC03872.JPGDSC03874.JPGDSC03875.JPG
Long story short - if you primarily want to troop - buy a pre-made suit or a set of vacform pulls and assemble it. It's cheaper and quicker, and arguably more accurate. If you want to have a huge amount of frustrating and expensive fun, then build a pep suit.
I'm in the process of building a second set of torso armour, plus my own peps for the shoulders, and it is more expensive and immensely more time-consuming, but I love the feeling of accomplishment that I have got from building it from the 3D modelling onwards. My aim was to build the trooper suit that I would have designed if I was the original prop designer - chunkier, more angular, etc, but keeping within the constraints of the overall 'look' of the suit. Not 501st standards, but not bad for an old fella, eh? ;)

Not Bad Blaxmyth,

Thank you for your input. What I've been reading about pepakura is that it's not for the faint of heart but a craft that is more satisfying when the project is done. With that said, I'm thinking of making it for display purposes only, as there's nowhere in my area that supports our interest in sci-fi/fantasy. I already have a helmet, but I was thinking of perhaps just the torso/shoulders.

I believe that would be a good place to start. :confused

I was thinking of perhaps just the torso/shoulders. I believe that would be a good place to start. :confused

If you'd like to PM me with your address, I'll email you my pep files for the chest, back and shoulders. I was actually thinking of displaying my suit in the same fashion as I have a high alcove in my office which will be perfect.

The back and chest are heavily customised ones that I have tested myself, while the shoulders are my mk 3 versions which are pretty accurate.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back