Chewbacca costume build

Slapper

So a friend recommended I put a build thread on the RPF so he can keep tabs on my progress. I'm aiming to be a 7 foot 5 Wookiee (based on Chewbacca ANH) by June 2014.

So far I've completed the feet and am having the suit sewn at the moment. I've also bought gloves which have extremely long fingers so as to add proportion. I'm in talks regarding the mask with a local prop builder and have purchased a Replica Props sound module with Chewie sounds to be eventually triggered upon opening my mouth in the mask and am furiously purchasing hair ready to latch hook into the suit when it's done.

Below is a pic of the finished feet and I will post more pics as my build comes to life.

1.jpg

Also, here's a Flickr link to how the feet came to be :)

Wookiee Build - a set on Flickr

Regards
Sarah (Sez)
501st Legion Member SL-31310

Quick update:

Suit still being made up but any day now, right? LOL

Found 10 large bandolier boxes from my local electrical components store and have 9 smaller ones coming from another local provider.

10848709824_d2aebd860e.jpg

Spoke to the mask maker today and he's just about to do the latex for front of face - and then it's just tweaking to suit my head.

I'm making a running log of everything that I'm buying, where from and how much for Australian wookiee wannabes.

Following your progress here and on the RL forum. Looking brilliant thus far. Can't wait to see the finished product (I'm a week away from finishing my build altogether, so feel free to PM me if you need anything at all. Mine isn't the best, but I've gone through the full gambit of issues, haha). Good luck!

Wish you all the luck! My build was totally worth it but I made mine over the top and made him 8 ft. I made Tarfful though. Can't pull off the skinny look...lol

Looks great! I'm 6'9" and people tell me I should be chewie but no thanks. I just gotta get my vader done. :) the world always needs more wookies!

Hi Mizuno. I'm actually having a prop builder make one for me as I didn't want to run the risk of stuffing this up. He's a local guy and he's making it predominantly from ABS!

Suit in my possession - latch hooking tomorrow.

Top (please excuse the flash):
top.JPG

Pants:
pants.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back