1:1 Bust Sculpting Tutorial!

Chewie15

Sr Member
Hi Everyone.

I'm excited to show off my latest project. I was asked if I could write up a '1:1 Portrait' sculpting tutorial for Horrorshow magazine. I went with the classic Wolfman because I could cover Lon Chaney Jr without the makeup and in the follow up I cover the make-up and all of the hair :) I've had plenty of people ask me to show my hair techniques, so here it is.

Here's a link to the article:

Horrorshow Issue #5

If your not into sculpting demos it's a great mag all around. They cover the FX industry and lots of collectors ;) Check it out.

H

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RGPFX @ Feb 1 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1409384[/snapback]</div>
Where is this available? Is it a Barnes & Noble thing?
[/b]

Yes it's available at Barnes and Noble, Borders and Tower ;)

H

Is this on the shelves now?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chewie15 @ Feb 1 2007, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1409455[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RGPFX @ Feb 1 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1409384[/snapback]
Where is this available? Is it a Barnes & Noble thing?
[/b]

Yes it's available at Barnes and Noble, Borders and Tower ;)

H
[/b][/quote]

Can we get the mag online as well - this is right up my alley ...

If not I gotta hook up wiht someone and get a copy.

Edit: as I was, I found the subscription info :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pghfett @ Feb 1 2007, 09:10 PM) [snapback]1409697[/snapback]</div>
Can we get the mag online as well - this is right up my alley ...

If not I gotta hook up wiht someone and get a copy.

Edit: as I was, I found the subscription info :)
[/b]

Yup, you can find all of the ordering info on their site ;) Great mag.

H

Hey Howard,

IÂ’m really looking forward to seeing this article, and seeing all the
work that goes into a sculpt before I get a casting of it to paint. B)

°Jeff

camper

Congratulations on having your work featured in HORRORSHOW, Howard, and thanks for letting us know about it. Looking forward to what promises to be a fascinating and instructive article.

I've placed my order for international delivery. :) :thumbsup

I went to borders lastnight looking for this - didnt see it. What section is the magazine in? I assume its down there with Wizard, Fangoria, etc.?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chewie15 @ Feb 1 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]1409299[/snapback]</div>
Hi Everyone.

I'm excited to show off my latest project. I was asked if I could write up a '1:1 Portrait' sculpting tutorial for Horrorshow magazine. I went with the classic Wolfman because I could cover Lon Chaney Jr without the makeup and in the follow up I cover the make-up and all of the hair :) I've had plenty of people ask me to show my hair techniques, so here it is.

Here's a link to the article:

Horrorshow Issue #5

If your not into sculpting demos it's a great mag all around. They cover the FX industry and lots of collectors :) Check it out.

H
[/b]

Hey everyone,
I ran out and grabbed a copy of the mag this afternoon and put it down just for a second to write this post .
What a great magazine . Very informative with tons of great building resources, not to mention fantastic interviews with alot of great folks in the industry.
Reading the mag reminds me of a time when I was alot younger sitting in a pile of "Monster" magazines on the living room floor waiting for Chiller Theater to come on.......;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward for the second part of your article in issue six :thumbsup

Thanks and Congrats ...
Mike

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back