Elysium Kruger HULC Exosuit Cosplay build pic heavy

jmw121

Hello fellow members. I saw elysium and i loved Sharlto Copley's performance as Kruger so i decided to make a Kruger halloween costume. i have re worked this costume several times trying to make it as accurate as possible i had 10 days to make it from start to finish so i am happy with how it turned out with the time constraints. so here is the process of the costume from start to finish (sorry for not taking as many pics as i should have, when i work i get lost in it)

IMG_0500.jpg

so it started out with the materials (as most projects do :lol

my materials were

1. Eva foam sheets

2. craft foam (for detail work)

3. 3 different colors of spray paint (military green, silver and matte black

and hot glue to put it all together

my total cost was around $45

i started by drawing out the shapes on the EVA foam using picture reference of the suit

then i put it together and painted (didn't take pictures :facepalm

Photo on 2013-10-02 at 23.58.jpg

so after the first coat of paint everything was pretty much silver (not accurate) so onto another few coats of paint and some reworking

Photo on 2013-10-04 at 02.54 #2.jpg

2nd reworking: paint more accurate, clips added and pained and lights as an extra addition

Photo on 2013-11-04 at 00.57.jpg

3rd reworking: actuators sized down for more accuracy and room made for more movement with the arms, and front chest plate reworked to be more screen accurate. only problem is chest actuators at the end arent attached to anything so they move freely

Photo on 2013-11-07 at 20.59.jpg

Photo on 2013-11-07 at 21.01 #2.jpg

4th and final change: i was looking at pictures of the suit in the film and i realized the perfect solution to the problem with the actuators, in the film the bottom actuators are slightly angled and move when kruger's arms move, all i did was simply attached the bottom actuators to the top ones and then attached a strip of EVA foam to the top actuator, then i connected it to the arm giving it accurate movement and an accurate look.

sadly i didn't have the time to do the leg pieces but i would like to eventually. but overall i think it turned out alright, next time there are several things i would like to rework and do differently, but i would like to hear what you guys and gals think :) thanks for checking out my build

kruger exosuit.jpg

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-11-07 at 20.59 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2013-11-07 at 20.59 #2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 341
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back