Hero Lawmaster and Costume to be at MEM NEC RPF stall

BawFlinger

FAO All UK Judges attending Memorabilia at Birmingham NEC This month.

WE HAVE STUFF!
I’ve been working on this for a while with the guys at Propstore, but now have confirmation on a few things for MEM in November at the RPF stall with Simon and the gang.

No1: The last remaining Dredd Hero Lawmaster for display
No2: Full Propstore Dredd costume for display
No3: Special Guest - Micheal Van Kesteren (designer of the Lawgiver and MaMa’s Miniguns).

My plan is to mock up a crime scene with the bike and a couple of bodies covered in tarps beside the bike and dress the area to look like a little corner of the big meg. Throw in a police flasher and some audio of the bike crowd control warnings, it should look the snizzle. Swing by and say hello!

FAO All UK Judges attending Memorabilia at Birmingham NEC This month.

WE HAVE STUFF!
I’ve been working on this for a while with the guys at Propstore, but now have confirmation on a few things for MEM in November at the RPF stall with Simon and the gang.

No1: The last remaining Dredd Hero Lawmaster for display
No2: Full Propstore Dredd costume for display
No3: Special Guest - Micheal Van Kesteren (designer of the Lawgiver and MaMa’s Miniguns).

My plan is to mock up a crime scene with the bike and a couple of bodies covered in tarps beside the bike and dress the area to look like a little corner of the big meg. Throw in a police flasher and some audio of the bike crowd control warnings, it should look the snizzle. Swing by and say hello!

Sorry I'm an ocean away, love to see it. If you get the chance, please do something no one has been able to do. Have the Prop Store guys open the Dredd Med Kit and if the instruments are inside, please take some clear pictures....better still if they let you do it on a table. I'm trying to replicate them from a God awful screen cap. What a pain!:facepalm

Ray, there is a reason no one has been able to open up the medpack and photo the instruments inside. We believe (not confirmed 100% yet, but that may be coming soon) that there was only ONE medpack that fully opened. And it's the one Dredd opens in closeup to use the instruments. All the medpacks that have surfaced have been ones where there the top flap opens only, and empty inside. We were originally calling these "stunt" medpacks, but now we think this was the standard pack.
In fact, behind-the-scenes photos have shown that Karl Urban himself wears one of these top-only medpacks, possibly during the whole movie except for that one scene. It also appears that the fully-opening closeup medpack (I think I'll be calling it the "closeup medpack" from now on) may have been a bit larger than the others to accommodate the instruments inside.
So, they cheated. Or, in other words, movie magic.

Ray, there is a reason no one has been able to open up the medpack and photo the instruments inside. We believe (not confirmed 100% yet, but that may be coming soon) that there was only ONE medpack that fully opened. And it's the one Dredd opens in closeup to use the instruments. All the medpacks that have surfaced have been ones where there the top flap opens only, and empty inside. We were originally calling these "stunt" medpacks, but now we think this was the standard pack.
In fact, behind-the-scenes photos have shown that Karl Urban himself wears one of these top-only medpacks, possibly during the whole movie except for that one scene. It also appears that the fully-opening closeup medpack (I think I'll be calling it the "closeup medpack" from now on) may have been a bit larger than the others to accommodate the instruments inside.
So, they cheated. Or, in other words, movie magic.

Thanks for that info, I think the term Hero Pack might apply as well. The rest are not necessarily "stunt packs" unless used by a stuntman. Terms are frequently misapplied. I think the rest are just standard costume props. I have just finished equipping mine with what I perceive to be reasonable versions of what they seem to look like. They could be smaller versions if your suspicions are true, but they do fit inside somewhat snugly. I expect to post pictures soon. By the way, there is reason to not have the med packs equipped, above the obvious one that most are not opened on screen. It makes the pack significantly heavier. I'm now worried that the extra weight will tug too hard on the vest/belt, especially with the Lawgiver also on that side.:(

First, apologies to Bawflinger...never intended to hijack your thread. Since my last reply, I did a little Sherlock Holmes and looked at the screen cap of the med pack or med kit as you prefer, and I compared the size relationship of the kit to the Boker next to it. I also placed my Boker next to my own kit in the same relationship. Unless they went to a whole bunch of extra trouble and also made a super big Boker knife to match an "oversized" kit, I'm willing to stake my lunch money that it is a normal size kit. My finished kit looks pretty much the same with all the contents inside. I don't know why no one has discovered the prop kit with contents, other than the prop guy taking a souvenir home scenario. As I said, the kit is needless weight and maybe they only had it attached to shoot that scene to avoid that and possibly losing or damaging items that had no spares. Anyway, though I know my versions may not be exact, I'm happy with them. Sorry, if I was a better computer person, I could put up comparison shots, but I have no clue how to do that. If you look at the RPF Gallery/ Dredd pics, you will see what I mean. I hope to have my pic of my prop filled kit up soon.:)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lee for all his hard work in securing these items and Micheal Van Kesteren to appear at the RPF stall at Memorabilia, what Lee has failed to relay to you all is that he has personally funded this awesome addition to what will be a stunning display

on behalf of the RPF thanks Lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back