N7 Armor Finished! (Pic Heavy)

TxtbookNinja

Been working on this build since July. I was able to finish a few days before Halloween. I've just been using my social media accounts to keep updates rolling out to friends and family but wanted to post here since I got a lot of tips from users on the RPF.

I have a few more things to go back and fix and adjust after a few malfunctions after wearing the armor all day and night on Halloween. The boots didnt hold up too well, the soles ended up giving out and fell through. I need a stronger glue to use for them. Also the belt that links between the thighs and ab/back portion came loose cause I glued velcro to the nylon straps instead of sewing them. Lesson learned.

Anyway - I wanted to get some feedback and suggestions on what I might be able to add or improve on. Here are some pics I took during Halloween and today for N7 day.

Also credit to AxiomUltra designs. He let me use his templates, I just adjusted from there and made a few changes to the helm and ab and back.

IMG_0224.jpgIMG_20130906_211009_335.jpgthat1 edited1.jpgThat2 edited1.jpgThat4 edited1.jpgIMG_0227.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
Wow. That is absolutely awesome. Were there many problems you encountered with this build?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah there were a few problems I ran into. When making the chest I had to make a few extra EVA cut because I had to make two layers for the chest to make it look correct, and bending the two layers and keeping the measurements correct was a pain.
Everything else came along alright. After I finished the build I ran into strapping issues with the thighs and connecting them to the ab and back plate. I came up with a belt system but I was in a rush and didnt sew the nylon straps to the velcro - glue didnt hold up.

Awesome stuff I have been wanting to make a set myself. Just a quick question what did you use as a bonding agent for your EVA? Keep up the great work.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back