3D Printed Bioshock ADAM Syringe

rgriesbeck

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here's another assignment we've been working on in my high-school prop design class. There's nothing more creepy than a little sister sucking on a bloody nipple - sounds like a great school project!

We've designed (in 3D Studio Max) all the parts. We 3D printed all parts except the needle and the bottle. It was easier and quicker to use some doweling for the needle part, although our future thingiverse upload will include the modeled needle. Big props to Mathias for all the hard work on the modelling.

We're working on 2 versions: this one here and one that lights up. The gas pump handle was designed to fit a 9 volt battery and an on/off switch. More pics of that version to come.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, will take some better ones once we've got some color on it

That is *excellent* modeling work! It looks like you nailed the look of the gas pump handle- if you'd said it was a casting or a real one painted black I would have believed it.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the light up version! Will you be posting the STL files?

Bravo! I've been wanting to do an Adam syringe but haven't been looking forward to tracking down and buying a period pump handle.

A few question, if I may: Is this 1:1 scale and/or an accurate copy of the period handle? How much material did it take to print this and what is the cost?

Again, bravo--it looks great!

- JD

Bravo! I've been wanting to do an Adam syringe but haven't been looking forward to tracking down and buying a period pump handle.

A few question, if I may: Is this 1:1 scale and/or an accurate copy of the period handle? How much material did it take to print this and what is the cost?

Again, bravo--it looks great!

- JD

We believe it's 1:1 scale, spent a lot of time scaling up images. I feel it's VERY accurate to the game. It is probably more accurate than using an actual gas pump.

It didn't take that much material, I'd guess on my Makerbot, 5-10 dollars worth...

Thanks for the praise, look for the STLs soon

Well done! Look forward to checking out the STL!

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

I was wondering if you had any of the handles for sale? I don't have a 3d printer and I haven't been able to track anyone I know that has one

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back