Logan (Wolverine Sequel)

Re: Hugh Jackman and James Mangold set to return to another Wolverine movie.

Let's hope the third time will be the charm because the first two stunk.

Only way I'll be interested in this if he partners up with Jubilee. I miss that kid.

I thought they already were making another Wolverine movie, and it is being called Days of Future Past?

Just watched The Wolverine twice over the weekend. Can't wait for another! I wonder if it'll be right after the plane takes off and fill in the 2 years we didn't see? Either way... WE CAN ALWAYS USE MORE WOLVERINE :devil << the horns are close enough to his hair LOL
\\\///
///\\\

Mangold's Wolverine Sequel gets the green light

March 3, 2017 is the official release date Fox has said. Being a huge fan of the unrated extended edition of The Wolverine and how it washed the bad taste Origins left in my mouth, I'm stoked for this one. What villain would you like to see in this? Personally, I want Omega Red.

Re: Mangold's Wolverine Sequel gets the green light

March 3, 2017 is the official release date Fox has said. Being a huge fan of the unrated extended edition of The Wolverine and how it washed the bad taste Origins left in my mouth, I'm stoked for this one. What villain would you like to see in this? Personally, I want Omega Red.
I agree with you they should use Omega Red and/or Sabretooth. I have heard reports that "Wolverine 3" will be based on an existing comic storyline. I will admit I'm not sure what they will go with "Origin", "Weapon X" and the Japanese story being arguably his more popular story lines and those have already had movies. I really hope they do not go the cliché route of doing a "Return to Weapon X" story, I highly doubt this will happen with Mangold directing. Maybe they could have Mariko be Daken's mother in the films since Wolverine slept with her in the last film, not what I want to see that, but it's an idea. I would not mind seeing X-23 in the next one, it could show the softer side of the Wolverine character that we saw with Rogue and Yukio. Then there is Old Man Logan and Wolverine: The End, both are great but Hugh isn't nearly old enough to pull those off...yet and Old Man Logan includes a lot of characters that do not belong to Fox.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried Old Man Logan as a prequel to Days of Future Past, what with the apocalyptic future setting, but I think that'd be more time shenanigans than the audience would readily accept.

Omega Red would be pretty awesome (though I still wish they had made that movie in 1985 and grabbed Dolph Lundgren) but I'd rather not see Daken. I've never liked that character.

I'll take omega Red & a new bad ass wolverine..say good bye Hugh. You're were a terrible fit & so has the way you've been written. Guess we are scrapping everyone one who has touched the older films. Ok..the best grip boy can stay, cause is the best.

Yeah, Omega Red would be a great sell, especially to the comic lovers and fans of Marvel vs capcom game.... I Think Hugh already Hinted that he's had a great run as wolverine and Don't mind passing the torch to somebody else... Maybe he's done after they do the rumored Marvel Universe movie that has wolverine with the Avengers and Fantastic 4 and after maybe Disney aquires the rights of Spidey from Sony

There's an X-Force movie in development, actually. No word on if Wolverine will be in it, but Cable and Deadpool are.

Omega Red would be pretty cool, but didn't Silver Samurai already do the whole "grab you and take your powers/life away" bit? Don't get me wrong, he WOULD be awesome but I think the general audience would think its a bit repetitive to have him fight a tall guy who sucks life from him

Xforce would be great.. Will it be under disney? Maybe it will be since theyve already got Bishop in thr new xmen then maybe it will eventually have a spinoff of Xforce which could potentially do better than guardians

That is a good point, JLeezy23! I had not thought of that. I guess the reason people want to see is because he is one of the major Wolverine villains that has not appeared yet.
As far as the Hugh Jackman casting, I think he is great for the role and if he steps down from Wolverine I want it to be after Wolverine 3 and X-Men: Apocalypse. I would rather not see the role of Wolverine "recasted", but see the X-Men films rebooted if Jackman leaves, that is just me.
I heard that Mangold was thinking of setting the next fim during the two year gap in between The Wolverine ending and the after credits scene. If he does this Wolverine would be stuck with bone claws, since he would have them for that 2 year gap, and I highly doubt Fox would let that happen.

Last edited:
Logan - March 3

hope they do this justice and gives Hugh a great send off

CuAgE5yWYAEAMt0.jpg

I bought her "Old man Logan" as a "congrats! now read this so you know the story!"

But apparently it's NOT so much based on the comic?

I don't know because neither her nor I have read it... I plan on reading it this weekend though.

Old Man Logan had a lot of the Marvel charcters owned by Marvel Studios for the MCU, plus Fox likes to stray from original storylines as it is, so a full on reenactment never seemed like a possibility. I love how its so dang secret though... wonder if the difference from the other films is that its a Fox+Marvel deal? Just a thought but most likely not lol

Also, Rated R loveliness!
http://x-menfilms.com/wolverine-puts-his-claws-to-good-use-in-latest-logan-photo/

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back