Logan (Wolverine Sequel)

i never saw
even the trailers for the wolverine movies.. so this is my first.

how do these fit in with the days of future past timeline? it looks like not at all.. since xavier looks tired enough to be dead and you don't see anyone else but the two of them.

Also, is this X -23 character the female wolverine everyone was raving about as another round of gender switching characters? or is this something totally different?

i don't know.

i never was into ultra violent action movies. so i guess this looks ok. but if the kid is going to be so psycho as to be non relatable as a character, i don't really see the point.

this looks like the first time the violence will be even remotely close to a solo wolverine comic so whatever you do stay away from them if you think the kid might be to much of a psycho to be relatable .
He used to kill two people just to have a step and foot rest for his bar stool !

Last edited:
This is how The Wolverine was supposed to be portrayed on film. Violent. Bloody. But they spoiled a HUGE plot point in this trailer that would have been EPIC to see for the first time on the big screen. They blew their load. It will still be great....But that twist was it for most people.

This is how The Wolverine was supposed to be portrayed on film. Violent. Bloody. But they spoiled a HUGE plot point in this trailer that would have been EPIC to see for the first time on the big screen. They blew their load. It will still be great....But that twist was it for most people.

It would have an awesome "Oh, *****!!" moment, to be sure! However, it's not as bad of a spoiler as say, the John Connor reveal in the Terminator: Genisys trailer. That genuinely pissed me off.

Getting back on topic, I'm excited for this movie. I've always enjoyed Hugh's performance as Logan, and I'll be sad that this is his last outing.

The first act reviewers say X-23 steals the show, sounds like they barely scratched the surface with her character in the trailer. If she's very much like The Wolverine with a childlike temper, "Holy ***k" seems to be the best reaction to the performace

this looks like the first time the violence will be even remotely close to a solo wolverine comic so whatever you do stay away from them if you think the kid might be to much of a psycho to be relatable .
He used to kill two people just to have a step and foot rest for his bar stool !

wowza.....

i didn't think comics back then WHERE that violent.

I'm not a fan of violence for the sake of violence in film.

I tend to think that BodyCount is not only the ugliest TMNT comic ever made, but also the dumbest. many people like it BECAUSE it was so violent, which i just find a weird reaction.

if i wanted to see characters stabbing and chopping and killing there are horror films i avoid for that.

Last edited:

I tend to think that BodyCount is not only the ugliest TMNT comic ever made, but also the dumbest. many people like it BECAUSE it was so violent, which i just find a weird reaction.

if i wanted to see characters stabbing and chopping and killing there are horror films i avoid for that.

Could you maybe do us all a favour and avoid this film since I'm getting the feeling that all you are going to do is complain about everything anyhow.

Could you maybe do us all a favour and avoid this film since I'm getting the feeling that all you are going to do is complain about everything anyhow.

So, the new method of getting people to shut up about opinions is to say 'shut up, it insults me?'

smh.

how about you just put me on ignore. it'll make your life easier.

So, the new method of getting people to shut up about opinions is to say 'shut up, it insults me?'

smh.

how about you just put me on ignore. it'll make your life easier.

Nothing you say "insults me". I'm just saying the whole "I hate the idea of this movie so much but I'm still going to go ahead and see it anyhow so that I can come back and tell you all how much my hatred was confirmed" is getting old. We get it, you are a whiner.

Don't worry, you have been ignored.

Nothing you say "insults me". I'm just saying the whole "I hate the idea of this movie so much but I'm still going to go ahead and see it anyhow so that I can come back and tell you all how much my hatred was confirmed" is getting old. We get it, you are a whiner.

Don't worry, you have been ignored.

wow....

playground tactics.....

you'll notice i didn't say it looked terrible. I just s aid i'm not a fan of violent movies. and if what i heard was edited from the trailer is true, this looks like it could be rather violent.

hope your forum life is happier :)

wowza.....

i didn't think comics back then WHERE that violent.

Lol oh yeah , I still have the poster for wolverines first solo comic (besides wolvie Kitty pride)
He is standing on a mound of corpses

Funny you bring up TMNT they started ultra violent as well .
There was a bunch of different mix n match type ideas being thrown out like
deadly nuclear ninja garden slugs
And
Adolescent kung fu mutant chipmunks.
Almost all were very bloody .

TMNT was the one that stuck and was softened , then made completely kid friendly soon after .
In honor of there bloody beginings soon after they got popular they came out with a 4 part mini series one for each turtle and each on there own realistic quest . realistic as in weapons kill instead of just wizz around without doing any actual damage. i haven't heard of the body count comic but I haven't really paid attention to comics since 1990 or so .

Last edited:
It's largely considered one of the most violent turtle comics ever made.
The turtles and characters act so out of character....it's not any fun.

I kind of thought the turtles where toned down in violence compared considerably. I mean, yeah, you see don flip over shredders severed arm, but it's not really drawn so great as to be gross, you know? :) and there's only one or two gross images.... that i don't mind so much.
But Body Count is grossness after gross ness and seems like grossness just for the sake of it. it's just way too much.

and wolverine standing on a bunch of corpses doesn't seem very heroic to me :)

TMNTBodyCount+(10).jpg

Wolverine a hero ?
I guess Anti hero .
Which just means instead of magically knocking every one out with nurf weapons.
It's more realistic and people get hurt and die . also he isn't doing it for god and country but for love of friends or maybe ...... Oh no ....... Don't say it. Revenge !!!
Look
I have never liked Captian America or Superman myself because they were such goody goody gum drop character's .

Guess what else I haven't done ?

Went on the posts for the Capitan America movies and spent my time telling everybody else how much of a panty waist no good steroid Freak he is ! ( they already know deep down they know )
Not saying thats exactly what your doing here .

But thinking wolverine should not be violent is like thinking water should not be wet !

Seems like this movie isn't your cup of tea.

That's your shadow on the wall .

Looks to me they finally might have done justice to the character.

That's mine .
You seem to have at least seen the X men movies .
Did you miss wolvie killing soldiers when striker attacked the mansion ?
Or when he tried to kill mystic with claws to the gut?
Or when he killed the Phoenix while his flesh was literally burning off his bones as fast as he could heal ?
That's pretty much his job . go get mangled and kill stuff .

You said you have not seen any wolverine stand alone flicks.
Front row seat to Nagasaki just to start off the last one .

Admittedly wolverine has not done much the last two films DOFP he was a messenger and thats pretty much it . LOL.

So if your not interested in wolverine and a little girl killing I don't know like everybody , i would save my money if I were you . but its your money and time .

Just don't blame wolverine he was born/forced by the government to be that way .

And I LIIIIKE IT !!!!

a little bit of violence here and there i don't mind.

but carrying out a severed head and then going on a killing spree is a bit much for me.

anyway, i was just curious.

My bad, it was stated in the past it was 1 year after the end of DOFP...Mangold stated on Twitter that it is actually 5 years.

“Don’t think @realHughJackman said that exactly. Simple fact. We take place in 2029, 5 yrs past anything depicted in XMEN film… and “slightly different” causes an uproar? Everyone should breathe and focus on important things.”

Not sure where you're getting the 1 year later from. Everything heard/seen (including interviews with the director) says a couple decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad, it was stated in the past it was 1 year after the end of DOFP...Mangold stated on Twitter that it is actually 5 years.

“Don’t think @realHughJackman said that exactly. Simple fact. We take place in 2029, 5 yrs past anything depicted in XMEN film… and “slightly different” causes an uproar? Everyone should breathe and focus on important things.”

Lol have you seen Post #102 from 4 days ago?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back