Logan (Wolverine Sequel)

Looking forward to this but I can't help but think of Super...

"Boltie, no!"

646A25B7-1A7C-47EF-8C5D-F4E357CF53CF_zpsxrpgfcfi.png

i think the one reason i find this movie coming out now is weird...

Days of Future Past fixed the dark storyline. and dark future. now they are saying fixing it didn't matter and 5 years or so later, everything is bleak again.
gave away the hope of DOFP..

i think the one reason i find this movie coming out now is weird...

Days of Future Past fixed the dark storyline. and dark future. now they are saying fixing it didn't matter and 5 years or so later, everything is bleak again.
gave away the hope of DOFP..

What if we say its Logan's limbo, he's actally in a coma inside the mansion's medical wing and its all a horrific dream just before he lays quietly around his family.

Actually, since the sentinels did not happen, there was no mutant genocide. Start from First Class, then DOFP has this crazy guy saying the world will end, but it doesn't. Continue to Apocalypse where the mansion is thriving with mutants. Along comes X1-Deadpool, no Dark Phoenix has happened (that we know of). 2023 DOFP ending rolls around, mutants have been safe for 50 years, a few battles here and there, but no annihilation of mutantkind has occurred. 5 years later, something happens to the mutants, only Logan and the Professor know about the previous timeline. To Logan, its a future he can't escape from, to everyone else, its a first time incident where all the mutants are gone.

Keep in mind, this is Logan's story, and we still have the young cast to cover new adventures from the 1980's onward. They created a new cast set earlier in time as a soft reboot to get more story arcs and better Xposition (lol) to characters who haven't had the spotlight in the original trilogy. They have between the mid 80's up to 2023-2029 for living full lives before they meet their doom.

Beast said in DOFP that you can throw a rock in the river (time) to change the current but eventually, the current will return back to its former state.
I think thats Simon Kinberg saying "no matter how often we screw up, everything will revert to what its supposed to because we can make it". Its a hack job. Like in T3 when they say that Judgment day is inevitable. Kinda like "judgment day needs to happen so we can make more movies". :rolleyes

The continuity makes a lot of sense if you watch all the movies in order. Of course, sure there are tiny plot holes, but its still enjoyable to watch all this character development. I put Deadpool after DOFP because it happens in the new timeline.

1. First Class
2. X-Men Origins Wolverine
3. X-Men
4. X2
5. X3
6. The Wolverine (extended edition...WAY better than the theatrical)
7. DOFP (Rogue Cut...Again, WAYYYYY better than the theatrical)
8: X-Men Apocalypse
9. Deadpool
10. Logan

I've also got a theory...I think that there might be more than 1 X23 in this movie. Meaning, one is the one we know and another might be a clone...But based on the 3 claws you see Logan blocking in the end of the first trailer (one of them appearing to be coming out from under the wrist, I'm lead to believe that might be Daken's claws...Thoughts? If it is, lets hope this isn't another butchery of a character...

While it's definitely not the original, I can see calling it "classic," as opposed to yellow/blue combo that most people recognize because of TAS.

I mean, thinking of TAS... with the newer cartoons out there, you could call it the "classic" X-Men cartoon, but we all know that Pryde of the X-Men was the original.

While it's definitely not the original, I can see calling it "classic," as opposed to yellow/blue combo that most people recognize because of TAS.

I mean, thinking of TAS... with the newer cartoons out there, you could call it the "classic" X-Men cartoon, but we all know that Pryde of the X-Men was the original.
With his sweet aussie accent?! Haha. I love the brown and gold, but as a kid I liked the original due to the cartoon. Who did brown and gold? Was it Frank Miller, John Byrne? I know I could google it but that takes the fun out of guessing. Or for someone to bolster their nerd cred with me.

Who's the scary looking skin guy in the super bowl trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one in the cage that looks like Anakin with no mask in Return of The Jedi? I believe it may be Caliban, he wore the goggles and hat in the other trailer, he was also featured in X-Men Apocalypse

The one in the cage that looks like Anakin with no mask in Return of The Jedi? I believe it may be Caliban, he wore the goggles and hat in the other trailer, he was also featured in X-Men Apocalypse

He was in apocalypse?! When?! I totally missed that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back