Logan (Wolverine Sequel)

For anybody who does not know, the story and his look are very loosely based on this very popular comic book. That's why his hair looks different.

250px-OldManLogan.jpg

I didn't care at all about this film until this trailer. Wow. I've always liked Cash's cover of "Hurt" and it really added a lot to this trailer. If the movie is half as good as this very well done and surprisingly grounded trailer, I'm very interested.

Looks meh to me. Kind of sad, after X2, never got a really good version of Wolverine, wanted the damn cowl in this. I dont want Wolverine to be without his powers, or to not pop his claws etc. They basically recasted him with X-23. I thought The Wolverine was such a slog, bad casting, lame story...I dont get how Wolverine doesnt have an awesome solo movie. Its SO EASY.

The early Wolverine was a Han Solo kind of thing. He worked because he was a supporting character who only got limited screen time. Make him the 2-hour male lead and it gets a lot harder to do the whole thing.

I will also be sorry that we got so little of that Wolverine over all these 17 years. This new movie looks better than some of the previous ones. But it accomplishes it by making the guy unrecognizable compared to the Wolverine in the first two Brain Singer movies.

Oh well. The many faces of Wolverine. It's not like Hugh Jackman's version was ever exactly the comic book guy anyway. It was always sort of like having Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher.

I haven't read the comic, so how does this go? Is this way in the future? How did all the mutants die? How is Professor X still alive?

I haven't read the comic, so how does this go? Is this way in the future? How did all the mutants die? How is Professor X still alive?

It has very, very little to do with the Old Man Logan comic, and that is a very, very good thing. There's no roadmap for this, so I don't think we have the answers for those questions.

I doubt that. What benefit would Marvel have to letting Fox use anything they have the rights to?

totally forgot about hawkeye being disney owned. i only thought of him because he was in the book originally. and blind at that, with his face hidden and those big googles i was wondering if it was him

Just caught the trailer. Some of it looks alright and a lot of it doesn't. That also seems to be the trend with these films, oddly enough.

I've kinda given up on the films after X2. i think X2 was the best they ever made. my second favorite is DoFP. i was really hoping they could continue these films to become epic. but I've lost faith. AoA was a joke...

i look at them all as variants now and dont take anything they do to heart. i guess i can say the movies aren't as important to me anymore? but i still like watching them once

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back