Logan (Wolverine Sequel)

logan.PNG

Have just watched this trailer about three times in a row.

Genuinely emotional - so much more than I thought I would be, I didn't expect to care about this film much. The power of a well cut trailer (and outstanding music).

agreed.... looks like an action packed and emotional send off, looking forward to it

I honestly would enjoy if it even had less action. Give me some solid emotional acting, some slow burning Western flavoured scenes, some really, really powerful stuff with Xavier and Logan and X23. I'm impatient for this now.

Looks pretty good. It makes me want to boot up The Last of Us and play it again; seeing Jackman like that makes me think he would be a good Joel.

Red Band Trailer... - HOOF, had to chuck it in spoiler tags as they used that exact scene as the preview panel.

Almost identical except for 1:25 to 1:30.

...I am giddy. R-Rated Wolverine. A red band trailer that isn't gratuitous or sweary. Perfection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Who'd have thunk James Mangold would be the guy in Hollywood who "gets" Wolverine.
I really dug "The Wolverine" - up to the end fight. Felt really out of place next to the earthiness of the rest of the film.
This one looks EARTHY.

The music really made the trailer for me

Meh. It kind of works, but I feel like Johnny Cash's cover of NIN's Hurt is tired.
if it was a version where I mixes the NIN song into it, and it wasn't played as loud as the dialogue in the trailer it might have worked a little better.

Jackman looks like Mel Gibson with a beard.

Movie looks cool... not sure what the plot is though.

I'm optimistic but this movie would have been a good one to work with Marvel Studios on and have characters from the MCU cross over into like the source material.

Movie looks cool... not sure what the plot is though.

Looks to me like the mutants are all gone, then a little girl with superpowers pops up.
Professor X leads Logan to her, Logan fights bad guys who want girl for evil and stuff, Prof X dies, leaving Logan a reluctant daddy.
Daddy Logan dismembers or disembowels an entire army of bad guys to protect little girl from evil and stuff.

Glad to see metal claws and not those loathsome bone ones.

Looks meh to me. Kind of sad, after X2, never got a really good version of Wolverine, wanted the damn cowl in this. I dont want Wolverine to be without his powers, or to not pop his claws etc. They basically recasted him with X-23. I thought The Wolverine was such a slog, bad casting, lame story...I dont get how Wolverine doesnt have an awesome solo movie. Its SO EASY.

I was really triggered by this trailer. This was really emotional and really well-edited trailer. I totally didn't except that. I hope they will do a justice and finally do a decent Wolverine standalone film.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back