ScarletSpeedstr's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry - Mr. Freeze 'New 52'

ScarletSpeedstr

This is the first 'real' costume I've ever created and shared. The vest and helmet mount are made from foam, as are the accent pieces and trapezoid chest piece. The dome is an XL plant cloche that I ordered from California. The thermometer gauge is from a pet store, and a few of the other attachments are things I found at work when I wasn't thinking about work. If I recall, the hosing I found as an open box item at Home Depot, I had to cut and heat it to get the shape I wanted, it was originally for a sump pump I believe. I'm sure most of you recognize the blue EL wire which was surprisingly very easy to work with. There are a few adjustable straps with parachute buckles that allow the vest to be fitted.

This was quite the learning experience, and I'm certainly eager to build on what this has taught me. Thanks everyone for the great board, and for giving me the courage to post. Any questions, please feel free to ask.
f1.JPGf2.JPGf3.JPGf4.JPGf5.JPGf6.JPGf7.JPGf8.JPGf9.JPGIMG_1107.JPGIMG_1111.JPGIMG_1114.JPG
proof.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back