Update 3/8 2007
Alright everyone,
Here's the Hotel Information for the Prop Party:

Howard Johnson Aurora
15520 Yonge Street
Aurora, Ontario L4G 1P2
Canada
Phone Number: 905-727-1312

All rooms reserved for the Prop Party on May 19th MUST use a password to get the discounted room rate of $99.00 Per Night. Room Rates do not include taxes.
The Password for the discount is UNIV. When you book your room use this password.
The cut off date for room reservations to qualify for the discount is April 18th. They are holding 10 rooms for Friday May 18th and 10 rooms for Saturday May 19th. Reserve what you need based on when you're going to arrive and how long you plan to stay.
They will accept more reservations at this discounted rate as long as the rooms are available so I suggest those of you who are sure to attend that you book your rooms fast.
The website for the hotel is www.hojoaurora.com
I had originally said the hotel was in Newmarket but itÂ’s actually Aurora. No difference on the location itself though.
Anyone who needs to contact me for anything can call at 905 223 5818.

SoÂ…thatÂ’s it....
The rest is up to you fine folks. Hope to see as many of you as possible on the 19th of May.

David

Some more details...

MAY 19th is the Prop Party Date. I've confirmed the room with the hotel.

I'm leaving the entire morning of the 19th for all those who want to set up and get their tables in order at that time. The Prop Party would officially start at 1:00PM. Of course, some will be setting up even later on in the day and that's totally fine too. Those who can do it earlier, no problem. Need to do it later....no problem either. I will be posting the hotel details for anyone needing a room in the next few days. When booking your rooms you'll have a password for the room discount too. More info to come, but the date is set. :)

I'm grateful for the people who've been responding to this thread and you guys are the reason I've decided to give this a shot this year....

More info to come.

David

I'd also really like to get an idea of how many people would be attending...if you think you'd like to make it but are unsure, please say so. If you're sure you'll be coming, again...just say so. :)

Also those of you who'd be setting up displays can you chime in and say so? That way I can start to get an idea of how many tables we'll need.

Lastly, there's an area on the floor that has tiles so IF any of you RD guys are bringing one down...there's a fair sized area for him to roll around on. The rest of the area is carpet.
Washrooms are around the corner....we'll have ice water set up on a separate table..and for now that's it I suppose.

Please speak up for the date...and if you'd be attending.
Thanks.

David

What if we host a Prop Party here in Toronto sometime this spring or summer?

Would there be any interest?

I'm sure we can find a suitable location for it, proper sleeping accomidations for those who'd need them...and basically have a grand ole' time here in Toronto.

So...any possible interest, aye? :)

If so, we'll figure out all the details and get the ball rolling.

David

I'm in too.

I may be able to offer a large place to set up in if we can't come up with something.
Its about 15 min. from the airport in Woodbrige. Large showroom area with kitchen.

Lorenzo

I'm definitely interested.

Plenty of our Canadian brothers have come across the border for the MI prop parties... it's time we returned the favor. :)

This is picking up steam...
YAY.....LOL..

I might be, what do prop parties entail? I've never been to such a thing.[/b]

Basically we find a location that can accomidate everyone who wants to bring down costumes or props to put on display. Much like a convention, but it's not...
A lot of really talented artists get a chance to show their stuff in a more intimate way, meet the various members from the boards and basically talk shop...and geek out for a day or so. :)
Between the Superhero crowds, Predator guys, Sci Fi fans...and Horror, these parties typically offer a lot of eye candy. I think I even saw a Lightsaber at one once....hahahahaha
It's not really about selling anything although some might I suppose but the idea is a bunch of us geeks get a chance to hang out 'in person' and share our works...maybe do some cool trades...Oh, and there has to be a dinner the night before kinda thing....

They really are a lot of fun. If you like conventions in general...prop parties tend to be more focussed on the kinds of things we as collectors like to see...plus they're just a lot of fun once we all get together.... :love

Usually it's in a fair sized area...lots of desks to set up your stuff and so on.
You dont have to bring anything...you can come and enjoy the displays and meet the folks there. I guess it's a way to live the message board in person for a little while.
I've yet to attend a bad or boring prop party. :thumbsup
....so I dont want this to be the first.... :cry

David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedistine @ Jan 31 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]1408914[/snapback]</div>
Summer would be cool.
[/b]

It sure would. :) We have to be sure the date doesnt overlap any other events or parties of this nature. It looks like there's a bit of interest for this so we're going to make it happen. It'll be a lot of fun. :)

David

A friend of mine thats not a member of RPF is also interested in going. Will the date be chosen soon? Some people will need a lot of notice to make appropriate arrangements I imagine.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dr_slurpee @ Feb 2 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]1410261[/snapback]</div>
A friend of mine thats not a member of RPF is also interested in going. Will the date be chosen soon? Some people will need a lot of notice to make appropriate arrangements I imagine.
[/b]

For now we're trying to catalogue all current dates of other prop parties and general con's and such...we dont want to book a date that's going to overlap another event. We're also looking into available spaces for this and already have a couple of options so once we can confirm the availability of where we want this.....we'll let you all know.
I dont know how soon that will be, and consider that we're looking at late spring or summer sometime so for now there's still plenty of time.

There seems to be some interest to this, and that was what I wanted to know before anything else, now...we'll start dotting the I's and crossing the T's. :)

David

Yeah summer is still pretty far off, just wasn't sure how much in advance you'd set the date.

Are there contests or door prizes or anything of that nature at such events? I've never been to one or even known anyone that's been to one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rocketeer25 @ Jan 31 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]1408854[/snapback]</div>
I'm definitely interested.

Plenty of our Canadian brothers have come across the border for the MI prop parties... it's time we returned the favor. :)
[/b]

Hear. Hear. Lonnie.

Even though MI ones are closer LOL.

If the dates/schedule work out, I'd consider it

Heath

Whoa....I can't belive I missed this thread. I'm 4 hours from Toronto...I can get a crew from Ottawa to go down...load up the Durango and roadtrip.

Very cool....can't wait.

As long as it isn't on the Canada Day weekend...that's pretty big here in town and I'm going to a cottage party on the Big Rideau.

Otherwise, any other weekend, I'm there.

Very interested in coming, im in Mississauga.

However, I don't really have many props to show off, if it's alright that I just come along to meet you guys and see what props/costumes you have then I will definitely come.

You know I'm up for it. I'm already here anyways. :lol It'd be nice to meet a few new faces in my own metaphorical backyard.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back