Toronto Prop Party. May 19th Confirmed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ Feb 2 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]1410733[/snapback]</div>
You know I'm up for it. I'm already here anyways. :lol It'd be nice to meet a few new faces in my own metaphorical backyard.
[/b]

I totally agree..
Be nice to hook up again. :)

We're looking at May sometime...and still trying to nail a showroom area. I'll be checking out a few more next week and we'll see what happens. :)

I also spoke with one of our local TV shows about getting some media coverage for the prop party. Dont worry....the film crew are from a TV show that's run by die hared collectors and fans of our same world. It wouldnt be a matter of media coverage to make us all look like geeks but rather share in the appreciation of our world, and sure...poke fun too but they're fans just like us. These folks typically cover all the major Comic conventions in Canada and the USA anyhow and really warmed to the idea of something like this. It's the kind of show that allows for this 'wold' of ours to fit right in on TV.

I'll share more once we have a firm date and place to host it in.

David

May is not the best month for me. Sometime in June or July would be better but obviously you can't plan the whole event around my availability. :lol

I hope I will be able to make it whenever it is planned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KingNothing @ Feb 15 2007, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1419831[/snapback]</div>
The the hell Toronto? Why not a good city. Like Edmonotn. :p

I might be intrested in making the trek to the center of the universe. ;)
[/b]

Well, if not Toronto, then Winnipeg already has a Sci-Fi convention on May long weekend (Keycon).
Sadly, Toronto is out of my travel range this summer.

But I believe there already seems to be a good group able to make Toronto with cool stuff.

David

OK a little update here....

I found a conference room that should work really well. 1400 sq ft...tables and chairs too. :)
It's a hotel conference room on the main floor (YaY.) with a restaurant in there for those who get the munchies...or plenty of fast food right accross the street, walking distance. The Hotel is in Newmarket, just north of Richmond Hill and easy as ever to get to. Plenty of parking....and a nice area too.

We need to agree on a date...ASAP so I can book the room ASSUMING it's cool with everyone that there be a small fee. The room is $450.00 CDN for the day. At 10 people putting up displays that's $45.00 each...if there's more of us setting up displays...then it's even cheaper..

Also we can get a reduced rate for the rooms there for anyone needing a room for the night or longer if staying a few days.

I think the standard rooms are $129.00 CDN a night but they'd be offered to us for the Prop Party at $99.00 CDN instead.

So...do I have to keep looking for a location due to the fact that we'll have to divide the cost of the Prop room...or can we just move to deciding a date?

PLEASE SPEAK UP.......:)

If we're to decide on a date, the room is currently available for Saturday the 12th, 19th or 26th. I personally vote for the 26th but let's hear from the rest of you.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Yay...nay...:)

David

May is good....

I can't remember, how far is Newmarket from Barrie? My sister is in Barrie, so i may bunk at her place overnight....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedistine @ Feb 22 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]1424549[/snapback]</div>
Well May 26th is the same weekend as Star Wars Celebration 4 in California, isn't it?
[/b]

That's ok by me. I can't afford to got to C4 anyway :(

I'd be interested ineither date.

Thanks Dave for looking into this.

Heath

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(slightlyagitatedwookie @ Feb 22 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]1424560[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedistine @ Feb 22 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]1424549[/snapback]
Well May 26th is the same weekend as Star Wars Celebration 4 in California, isn't it?
[/b]

That's ok by me. I can't afford to got to C4 anyway :(

I'd be interested ineither date.

Thanks Dave for looking into this.

Heath
[/b][/quote]

LOL...I need some rest. :lol
Yea, if it's that weekend that sure wont work.....
In any case...we have 2 other weekends for May...and if that's no good then I can look into June but that starts to get a little too close to SDCC and kinda scares the bejesus outa me....However let's keep hearing everyone. :)

David

Oh geez, if JangoFett Jr is in, i'm out. :p

Seriously, David, i'm available any of those dates, so count me in any way you swing it.

And KevVader, Newmarket is between TO and Barrie, but closer to Toronto.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NEKROFANATIC @ Feb 22 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1424617[/snapback]</div>
if not the last weekend in May, why not the first or second weekend of June?
[/b]

The first weekend of June would work for me. I cant the second weekend because I have the Toronto Comic Con from June 8-10th.

I will find out what the availability of the room is for June 2nd is.

So we currently have May 12th, May 19th or June 2nd.

Oh and Barrie is about a half hour drive once you're on hwy 400 coming south towards Toronto :)

David

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back