Papermashia's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry MEGAMAN! (Pic Heavy)

PaperMashia

Hey gang,

Long time no post. Over the last few months on and off I've been building a Megaman costume for Halloween. I'd never worked with bondo before, so i thought it would be a fun thing to try.

I started with a generic motorcycle helmet and started gluing on cardboard and plastic and hoped that bondo would cover any mistakes (I was wrong). Then scuffed up the helmet with a dremmel so that the bondo would stick. For the Blaster, I originally tried to make one that actually shot stuff, but after some faulty wiring and losing my eyebrows and about an inch of hair, I moved on to just LED lights that cycled colors. It was a fun build overall, and I definitely know a lot of things that I'd do differently on my next project. Below are some progress and final pics. I welcome any and all thoughts, critiques and tips. I'm here to learn. :)

ALSO: If this is in the wrong place, I apologize.

helmet 0.jpgHelmet 1.jpghelmet 2.jpghelmet 3.jpgBlaster1.jpgblaster 2.jpgFinal.jpgI love you megaman.jpgMegavelma bg.jpgProof.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back