SW – ANH (5 Foot) - Studio Scale Millennium Falcon Build

Great research guys! Love the result Andre:cool and thanks to Maruska and the pics from Raiders; they're beautiful:)

Stay on target...

AB, JM, SB

Sent from an iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1416721838.637402.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1416721838.637402.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 389
wow, really beautiful. love that third one.

So if I read the top right, the access pit between the nose and the cockpit tube is a circular hole, and the puzzle piece look of the opening is from the panels?

wow, really beautiful. love that third one.

So if I read the top right, the access pit between the nose and the cockpit tube is a circular hole, and the puzzle piece look of the opening is from the panels?

For now, yes. ; )

We'll be digging into the armor more heavily at some point - like with docking rings.

sounds good! I've always had questions about how that access pit works, where the greebles are actually seated, how the walls are oriented, how deep, etc. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

TFS with us VFX Freak...I was really happy seeing that vid:) Great work Andre and maruska...it's looking soooo good!!

And a huge acknowledgement to Stu Brown whose expertise, knowledge and eye for detail has been critical to this studio scale effort...

apb

crackerjazz,

Yup – that’s me.

I’d been at Digital Domain for 2 years by that time (late 1997) – smack dab between my first 5 years at Boss Film and after DD, Stan Winston Studio. Back when miniatures and in-camera practical FX were more the rule as opposed to the exception. Things have really changed in the last 10 years...

Did we ever work together?

Regards,

Andre

Andre,
Did you ever work with Mark Lasoff?
~Chaz

Circle gets the square!

Using a similar camera projection mapping technique as we did on the docking rings reveals that the access pit is actually a square...

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 1.03.00 PM.png

Here it is roughed-in...

Falcon63_MasterAssembly.64.jpg

We'll use a similar technique to locate and shape the rear access pits.

And a bit more work on the underside. This has been updated with Andre's latest photo-match efforts.

Falcon63_MasterAssembly.67.jpg

cheers,
J.

View attachment 307330

Okay, it took me a while, but here's the link to 102 photos I took of the 5' Falcon at the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit in Los Angeles in 2007. There are lots of other photos of the Falcon around, but the deal with these is that I got away with using a handheld flash so the lighting really helps you see the details. Also, I posted them at full size (It was 2007 so it's only a 10 megapixel camera, but they're still pretty detailed.) Right-click on the image and then select "View Original" to see the full size photo.

You're welcome to use them, but please don't post them on other sites. I left off any watermarks because they just get in the way of details you might want to see!

I opened a One Drive account and posted the photos there. I think your downloads are limited unless you sign up for an account, but it's free.

Here you go, enjoy! https://onedrive.live.com/?gologin=1&mkt=en-US#cid=2562E103EE4C3F24&id=2562E103EE4C3F24!107

Hopefully that worked...

Thank you VFX Freak! I went to the Science of SW exhibit here in San Jose but didn't approach this many photos (too many people), so this is just plain awesome. The collaboration here is stellar. I'm really looking forward to this build.
~Chaz

A small world indeed!

Did you work with Richard Taylor there as well?

Regards,

Andre

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back