SW – ANH (5 Foot) - Studio Scale Millennium Falcon Build

No current changes from me.

We could update when your cutaway is ready to integrate...

apb

Ok. Cool.

It's probably the single biggest thing that bugs me about the current version.

I think the best way to devine that is to measure from the nose of the mandible to the back of the Wankel.

And I like the kinked approach mentioned earlier. Radial upto the Wankel, then following along its back end...

Don't go by the drawing on the Plastruct sheet. It's only schematic...

Joe,

The elliptical domes are too deep, I'm afraid. I modeled and did some 3D track matching to the clear acrylic dished domes dimensions

I believe VHD-600 is the one we want for the "5 footer"...

Regards,

Andre

Thanks Guys, I thought they looked thick, ;) Love this thread, many things are being uncovered. Cheers,

Joe

Here's the right page, my bad.

Plastruct Domes 2.jpg

Last edited:
Stu and I worked out the starboard Wankel/Mandible tip distance a little bit ago given his donor kit part layout.

Stu, do you remember that overall distance, offhand?

And let me look at the port side distance given the Bandai JAGD-Tiger/Wankel relationships I posted a few days ago.

But, I'd still like to confirm that with an actual overall donor kit part layout distance, if possible...

apb

Ok. Cool.

It's probably the single biggest thing that bugs me about the current version.

I think the best way to devine that is to measure from the nose of the mandible to the back of the Wankel.

And I like the kinked approach mentioned earlier. Radial upto the Wankel, then following along its back end...

Hello :)

Faustus, is the VHD- 600 or the VHE-600?
Would you have pictures of your installation steps by chance or other steps mounting of the Falcon, please?
It can always help ;)
In any case superb job , it's beautiful, I am amazed!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello :)

Faustus, is the VHD- 600 or the VHE-600?
Would you have pictures of your installation steps by chance or other steps mounting of the Falcon, please?
It can always help ;)
In any case superb job , it's beautiful, I am amazed!!
Thanks so much
Unfortunately I made my dish before I started doing step by step pics. But I'll look thru my old stuff and see if I can help. I don't remember which dish it was but I do remember the diameter was 6 inches and it wasn't a very deep one. I do know that I made the dish base from pretty thick acrylic mostly. That was done to make it sturdy.
a625dddfcb97adfecacbfe616732f6b3_zps809f805d.jpg

20150317_020023_zpsj8ikxuxc.jpg

a625dddfcb97adfecacbfe616732f6b3_zps809f805d.jpg

20150317_020023_zpsj8ikxuxc.jpg

Here are 2 photos of the plans of the cockpit of the Falcon , always from the books I have !
I'll try to scan later with a hand scanner, maybe will be clearer for you :)

20140731_183817.jpg

20140731_183830.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, Faustus, Thanks for your answer :)

20140731_183817.jpg

20140731_183830.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the 1/24 scale panther g turret piece used on the top near the root of the mandibles , I need to scratch build this part , thanks

Do you have a pic of the part?

Edit: oh okay, I see it - I can measure it for you when i get home in a few hours.

Last edited:
Do you have a pic of the part?

Edit: oh okay, I see it - I can measure it for you when i get home in a few hours.
Thanks stonky , I am approximating looking at mandible shots and comparing to my hasbro but I want to confirm its dimensions to see how far off I am ( or not )

Finally...the last detail survey is done - the Quad Gun Assembly, from when it was first made in the 70's.

Not every plate piece is included but all of the major forms are there. This was done using a variation on the usual 3D Track/Photogram techniques from before - essentially an image-based modeling exercise. Extrapolate what I don't know from those things that I do.

Essentially, I used a bunch of stills from the current state of the model, tracked the camera positions and then built the base plate structure that the y-yoke sits in. From there, I took the close-up still of the hand holding the model and I tracked that camera.

[video=vimeo;126691999]https://vimeo.com/126691999[/video]

I then extrapolated the original forms into the entire assembly comparing bits that still exist today while using some donor kit parts to check measurements.

Regards,

André

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back