SW – ANH (5 Foot) - Studio Scale Millennium Falcon Build

I was specifically referring to this thread. It seems all the research is getting repetitive, and I just thought it would be nice if it were turned into an actual build. Or is research the only reason for all the posts?

Nothing is repetitive about research, specially if your aim is accuracy. Now because of Andre's excellent work putting some accurate measurements in place, I'm sure some members here will be able to put together the ultimate MF.;)

I was specifically referring to this thread. It seems all the research is getting repetitive, and I just thought it would be nice if it were turned into an actual build. Or is research the only reason for all the posts?

Sourdoh,

Rest assured, no one wants the actual build to get going more than me.

But, I am not willing to burn serious time, money and materials on dimensions and donor kit measurement relationships that I am not sure about. Everything is dependent on accuracy (inside and out). I am finding myself sweating +/- 1/8 inch in places and at the overall size of this model - that kind of compound error racks up fast.

While the progress has been slow lately, I am making some on the 1:1 mock-up to confirm the current proposed blueprints – those blueprints, by the way, took me nearly a year to calculate, solve and publish.

One of the first things I submitted to this thread was my desire to share – not just progress…but a lot of the process.

Perhaps others can use some of the tools and techniques in their projects. I’ve certainly learned a lot from other threads as well.

I’m doing this as a personal project and very part-time. I get to it when I can but I try to make daily progress – and hopefully not at the expense of my family and career.

Thanks for the patience…

Regards,

Andre

Thank you for making all of your research public Andre.

I doubt I'll ever build anything past an ERTL/MPC Falcon, but it is great to know the actual measurements will be preserved for future modelers and Star Wars fans ....Not to mention the entertainment of seeing your in-depth analysis and discoveries - it's like watching an archaeological dig!

I agree with your goal of sharing your discoveries. I've never really understood the folks who didn't want to share what they've found. It always seems to stem from the desire to be exclusive and say "Nee-ner nee-ner, I've got something that you don't."

The whole point of the Studio Scale forum is the strive for accuracy. Keeping details secret doesn't help anyone and I'd like to believe that we are all in this together. I'd rather have the appreciation of other builders for sharing the discoveries instead of their frustration because someone knows but won't share.

You should be applauded for your openness!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back