My Replica Man of Steel Costume with my Wife as Erica Durance's Lois Lane

Deuceus

Just thought you guys would like to see the final product with an absolutely Awesome Chest Crest by Fulvio Pannese of Pannaus Props. I didn't post step by step shots of my progress mainly because I'm a total noob on this scale, and for a while it didn't look like I'd finish it, but It's done now and I think it came out pretty awesome. IMG_1131.JPGYou can't tell from this pic, but it does have the chain mail pattern all over the body suit, boots and belt buckle. Any questions, comments and feedback are welcome. Hope you guys like it!

Great job! How did you get the chain mail pattern on this version? I tried to get my wife to be Lois Lane. But we ended up as a Family Of Steel, pics can be seen in my album and thread My Family Of Steel. The suits were also for Halloween but then we ended up wearing them at Comikaze 2013 a few days later. My suit ended up without the chain mail, so I'm looking to create a more screen accurate one for the next event.

What material is this made of? I typically see people write "4 way spandex" or "4 way lycra" but typically the material that makes up 75-90 percent of it is either nylon, cotton or polyester. I wasn't sure if there's a "default" one.

And like above, if you could share how you got the chainmail pattern on there and maybe some closeups that'd be great. Did you sew it yourself?

Can you show any closeup shots of the suit?

Looks good!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back