Gamorrean Pug Guard!!

Star Wars Chick

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Each year I make a new costume for my girl Chubbs. Two years ago she was the Wampug! Last year she was the Banthapug! This year I turned her into a Gamorrean Pug Guard! This started out with a concept drawing I had Jonathan Wollack draw for me in January so I could have a vision of how this could work for her. I then got in touch with my friend Craig McKeeman who is THE authority on Gamorrean Guard costuming. He provided me with reference photos as well as some of the material for the costume and he made her little axe. My husband Art Andrews also helped along the way and did all of her final photos! The armor was all constructed using Worbla. It was my first time using it and I must say I am hooked. It is seriously the coolest material ever! The helmet is worbla covered in pleather and the horns are made from Smooth-on's Free Form Air- super cool and light weight. The vest was the most difficult part of this entire costume as trying to make a vest to fit her is challenging enough but then having to make it look patchwork, nightmare! Worst part for sure and I have never stuck myself with so many pins LOL! I tried to keep it as screen accurate as possible, so all that they have, I tried to include, even making "sandals" for her back feet! This is going to be photo intensive as I really wanted to show you the process of doing this. I've been working on her costume for 10 months and it is seriously the hardest costume I've ever made! If you'd like to follow Chubbs online, she's on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Chubbsthepug, Twitter @Chubbsthewampug Instagram @Chubbsthewampug and here is also the video I did of her in her costume: Gamorrean Pug Guard - Trick or Treat? - YouTube
View attachment 249077View attachment 249078View attachment 249076View attachment Chubbs Gamorrean Pug.jpg IMG_5231.jpgIMG_5233.jpgIMG_5616.JPGIMG_5833.JPGIMG_5911.JPGIMG_5915.jpgIMG_6640.jpgIMG_6682.jpgIMG_6688.jpgIMG_6713.JPGIMG_6903.jpgIMG_6909.JPGIMG_6914.jpgIMG_6923.jpgIMG_6927.JPGIMG_6933.JPGIMG_7389.JPGIMG_7393.jpgIMG_7397.jpgIMG_7402.jpgIMG_7404.jpgIMG_7416.jpgIMG_7418.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was sure the title was a typo until I saw who started the thread, then I remembered the awesomeness of the Wampug!
This? Well, if I say she's too cute to be a Gamorrean, that's not really a criticism. Love the work that's gone into the outfit and accessories, and she sure does look like he's enjoying the costume/attention. Kudos!

Brilliant stuff, have linked to a fellow pug owner as well. Already wondering what you're planning for next year!

Those are great! And its amazing how the dog just seems to take it in stride. I've seen lots of animals completely freak out when you try to put anything on them.

She is pretty used to it as we've been doing this kind of stuff for years...plus she knows she get's snackies each time and never forgets to let me know once we try something on and take it off or take a picture ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back