Sam's lollipop from Trick R Treat is a Holy Grail for me.

ZombieBait

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've done some heavy searching here (and Google) and only found one person on etsy that seems to have attempted it, with less than stellar results.

A few years ago a dude here said he made them, but fell victim to the dreaded (and odd) 'I can't post pictures' thing and the thread was abandoned.

So, does anyone have any ideas? I would love to own one of these babies

I've been thinking about making one and maybe even trying to make a costume to be Sam next year for Halloween. Seems like it should be pretty simple. Famous last words right?

I've been slowly working on a Sam costume for my son for a convention next year. I've played around with sculpting his lollipop in clay and plan to mold it in EpoxAcast 690 (Smooth on) tinted with orange, with the details painted in black. I haven't really seen anyone offer these for sale, hence the reason for creating my own. The pic is from a screen cap and has been rotated 180 degrees (it's hanging upside down in the unedited pic) and lightened a little.

sams sucker.jpg

Brian

Made mine with a disk I cut in lexan, drilled a hole for the stick, dremeled the bite marks, sprayed the thing with both yellow and red clear spraypaint until it was orange, hand painted the black. Painted the stick orange, wrapped masking tape for striping and sprayed again with black. Epoxied the stick into the candy painted blood on the lolly and voila!!!
These pics stink, but you get the idea:
sam's lolly.jpg

sam's lolly2.jpg

Love that movie. Somebody should make those as actual candy lollipops, with the bite out of it already. I'd give those out (obviously wrapped lol) for candy :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back