The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

I've seen Captain America harness threads but does anyone either make or know of someone who makes screen accurate belts and harnesses for the Winter Soldier?

I've seen Captain America harness threads but does anyone either make or know of someone who makes screen accurate belts and harnesses for the Winter Soldier?

I'm working on one. Well, by working on, I mean that I'm figuring out where to get the EVA Foam around here and the basic architecture of the harness. Can't be that hard, though. I might have to add another buckle to the strap across the chest for ease of wear.

This person
is willing to make a custom made winter soldier H-harness for a little under $500. I did not get an order from her because the price quote is a bit outside my budget, but from the information i did receive in our talks, i would say she will probably produce an amazing result worth every dime. The quote includes a working holster (via magnets). If I had the $$$ I would commission her myself.

I am am currently making very accurate holsters for the winter soldier. If you are interested on me. We can talk. I currently have a commission for a set but would be willing to make more. A full set minus the weapons would take me a couple of days to produce.

I am am currently making very accurate holsters for the winter soldier. If you are interested on me. We can talk. I currently have a commission for a set but would be willing to make more. A full set minus the weapons would take me a couple of days to produce.

Do you have any pics,?

if anybody is thinking about ordering this particular rubber knife for their cosplay:

$(KGrHqR,!roFI))CTi!rBSRmsJZPv!~~60_12.JPG

here is a short review. first of all, photo comparison with a Gerber Mark II:

IMG_20140829_065904 (1).jpg

As you can see, it makes a decent fake (at least, compared to the other rubber knife options, this one comes closest). It is the same length, and roughly the same shape. However, it is NOT the same weight. Like at all. I don't know how it can qualify as a training knife honestly. It is unrealistically light, if you practised with it and got use to that weight, and then you tried to perform the same tricks with a real knife, well....you would be thrown off by the difference. Regardless, it makes a decent prop for con photos. Mine was only $8 off ebay with free shipping.

$_57.JPG

has anybody purchased the newest winter soldier masks from china and if so can they confirm if it really is this brightly colored??

$_57.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Think my costume is finally starting to come together now. It's taken me so much longer than I intended but real life often gets in the way and I've also started a Star lord cosplay.
What has everyone been doing for the belt? I know some have bought the buckle available online and made their own. I have plenty of webbing left over from making my harness but I can't seem to find any information on how wide the belt buckle holes are. Could anyone who has one measure it and tell me? Alternatively can anyone reccomend a good belt to buy (preferably from somewhere that ships to the UK)?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back