Mr. Freeze - Arkham City WIP (Pic Heavy)

Angel Song

hey everyone,

This is the second thread I've started but I thought I'd post it up here to keep me motivated throughout my project. :)

A really good friend of mine cosplays as an AWESOME Batman from the Arkham games series and slowly but surely all of our friends have gravitated one way or another to a different Arkham Hero/Villain.

I decided that I wanted to take on the project of Mr. Freeze.
So far I've completed the Mr. Freeze Torso so I thought I'd post pics of that.
I'm going to try and unfold the Gun and Arms which I got off the AC pepakura thread created by Simplecomplex
I want to give a big thanks to both The Armorer and herotrooper for modeling and unfolding the torso. I did have to make a few tweaks cause there are points where it's not perfectly symmetrical (i.e. part of the lower back isn't completely connected like it is on the otherside) so I had to attach it by making a few pieces out of card stock and after unlocking the armored Mr. Freeze 3D figure in Arkham City, I can tell the Helmet needs a lot of work and detail (as does the lower back) but I'm excited for the project (definitely going to be a time consuming one.)

so here goes. If anyone happens to have other files or already unfolded/detailed files for the arms, legs, cod piece or freeze gun I'd greatly appreciate it otherwise I might just have to "frankenstein" the rest together hahaha.

Face screen:

Chest Piece:

The Freeze backpack:

The Helmet:

After about a month of working on it, after work and training I was able to finally get the pieces together.

(The Pics with me wearing the torso, the helmet isn't attached. It's a tight squeeze and I had to go in from the top cause I couldn't fit my shoulders in. Definitely won't be putting it back on until after I've resined, fiberglassed and bondoed the suit.)

Freeze Torso Worn:

AAANNDDDD finally finished and resting on a display stand:

More to come once I finish tackling some of the other pieces.

All thanks to you man! lol

I can't wait for this. I got a bunch of friends really pushing me to get this done so I'm gonna try and pep as much as I can this winter and then build the hell out of it come spring/summer.

hey vader!

Sorry I haven't updated. No it's not a dead thread, I've just had a ton going on lately at work and between work stress, looking for a new place to change working for and the rest of RL it's been tough haha.

that and living in Canada makes it tough to do much more than pepakura over the winter unless you've got a work space which I don't unfortunately.

I'm looking into talking to either some nearby community centres or schools to see if I can rent space to get back to this.

right now I'm working on the gauntlets and shoulder pads and unfolding the freeze gun.

I'm also working on a bunch of other projects. For example, I'm helping my gf make a "sexy Dr. Doom" suit for herself while simultaneously working on a Loki for myself as well but have faith! This suit will get done since it's part of a larger group project I'm a part of.

i'm hoping to have it all pepped out (assuming I can fine or unfold all the files myself) for early spring so I can spend the summer on the resin and fiberglass.

Once I get back on track with the gauntlets and guns I'll be posting new pics soon!

hey vader!

Sorry I haven't updated. No it's not a dead thread, I've just had a ton going on lately at work and between work stress, looking for a new place to change working for and the rest of RL it's been tough haha.

that and living in Canada makes it tough to do much more than pepakura over the winter unless you've got a work space which I don't unfortunately.

I'm looking into talking to either some nearby community centres or schools to see if I can rent space to get back to this.

right now I'm working on the gauntlets and shoulder pads and unfolding the freeze gun.

I'm also working on a bunch of other projects. For example, I'm helping my gf make a "sexy Dr. Doom" suit for herself while simultaneously working on a Loki for myself as well but have faith! This suit will get done since it's part of a larger group project I'm a part of.

i'm hoping to have it all pepped out (assuming I can fine or unfold all the files myself) for early spring so I can spend the summer on the resin and fiberglass.

Once I get back on track with the gauntlets and guns I'll be posting new pics soon!

Good to hear...what Pep's were you using so far?

thanks everyone! :D

it's definitely tough but SUPER rewarding. I'm setting aside more time on my weekends to try and get more work done (thank god the GF also cosplays so she'll be working on a few of hers while I build Freeze and bits and pieces of my Loki and her Dr. Doom)

the while I'm building off of were built from:
http://www.therpf.com/f77/batman-ac-pepakura-development-139793/index12.html

Simplecomplex has some AWESOME ones in there and I'm trying to find the right ways to unfold the rest of the gear (arms, gauntlets, freeze gun, etc) i'm not great at unfolding yet but here's hoping it works out. the biggest concern I have is the gauntlets. the hands aren't going to suit it so i'm cutting them out of the pep files (which I'll probably replace with a scuba diving suit underneath or a sub dyed suit of some sort)

I wanna get the rest of the azrael files from him hopefully cause I'm helping pep the gauntlets for a friend of mine.

I'll keep you all posted! This will definitely be a slow progressing thread lol let me warn you all now :p
it's like -40 here in Toronto so if I were to walk outside with a glass of boiling water and toss it into the air, it just freezes and turns to snow before hitting the ground.
There's no way I'll be doing any resin or fiberglass work for a while :(

got some updated pics!

Got the Left arm done (it's in a mirror so it looks like the right lol) I'll be doing the opposite arm after I finish the freeze gun.
IMG_20140127_235314.jpgIMG_20140127_235328.jpgIMG_20140127_235339.jpg

I've also managed to have a graphic designer friend of mine look at the gun and find things that were wrong with them.

after that I spend about a day or so unfolding and scaling and now i'm building.

I started on the handle since that'd be a good measure of if its too big or small but fortunately it's perfect. I'm also reinforcing it with aluminum tape so it doesn't cave under the weight of the resin
almost done the handle but here's what it's looking like so far:
IMG_20140202_221842.jpgIMG_20140202_221850.jpg

Hopefully I'll have more to post up soon this week

lol SEAN! :p yup lol thanks for your help!

and thanks Fang :D that's awesome of you!

Here's some new updates on the freeze gun.

The completed Handle:

Perfect fit!!

Also I took Sean's advice and lined the inside of the more collapsible areas with Aluminum tape.

I also finished the 2 barrels and the claw around the top barrel

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back