ANH Death Star Turret Builder's Guide

Thanks Jason. It's those parts I'm really looking forward to getting.

I just got a refund from Mike for the set I ordered. Is the project cancelled? Or just put off to a later date?

Hey Scott, looks like you sent it with an unconfirmed address, which means i needed to accept it. Guess i missed that and it expired. You can send it again and i will be keep an eye on the accept thing more closely.
sorry
mike

I am putting it in with the Sealab parts for the blockade runner. I am making those this week.
How about the sagging X-wing? Any plans with that. I'm missing the Sherman parts for the cannons too. Sorry for the hijack just having a tough time getting any kinda response, PM or otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

I am accumulating those braces as fast as i can, we are just getting warm and i am picking up some speed. Will send them out as soon as i can.

How about the sagging X-wing? Any plans with that. I'm missing the Sherman parts for the cannons too. Sorry for the hijack just having a tough time getting any kinda response, PM or otherwise.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

That's nice to ignore me, I paid to for these parts and you have ignored me I guess people pick and choose who to take care of and who not to!! :confused

I answered the ?, they are getting molded this week.

I usually don't pull the sob story kit maker bit but considering the year that i have had it's a minor miracle that I only owe a few people a handful of parts. In addition to professional setbacks that I won't even mention, my wifes parents both died of cancer in the last year. What does that mean, it means that hours and days of my work schedule are compromised by having to take care of my kids while my wife is away at Dr appointments and weeks and weeks of caring for her parents in hospice. ALL in the last 18 months. I am self employed so every hour/day or week i get behind i have to make up somewhere, no other way to do it. I have not even mentioned it until now because i hate when kit makers mention family stuff because it sounds like a load of BS.

There are guys that are 10 years behind on delivering full kits, I have never gotten into that situation.

Between what you see here and what my business is otherwise i sometimes ship thousands of parts a week, occasionally i miss a part or something like the x needs an update part. I do my best do get those done when i can but considering it's hard enough to make ends meet, i fail at getting it done sometimes in a timely manner. I likely miss like 1/2 of a percent of parts in kits considering what I ship. I know if your waiting for a part for me that is little comfort, but I do the best that i can and by garage kit standards i feel like my track record is pretty high.

So i apologize for delay in stuff over the last 18 months or so since they were both diagnosed, both my wifes parents are gone an i am doing my best to catch up on all these little parts.

And propcollector, considering that i have bent over backwards in the past to get you stuff THAT OTHER PEOPLE OWED YOU, i would expect a little more respect and patience.

Mike

That's nice to ignore me, I paid to for these parts and you have ignored me I guess people pick and choose who to take care of and who not to!! :confused

Don't know how much water my comments will hold, considering I talk to Mike on the phone all the time/we hang out a couple times a year, but I can not only independently verify his rough year, but I'm AMAZED he hasn't thrown his hands up entirely and crawled into a cave. The things that he has done for others, with zero compensation, would SHOCK you. He has sacrificed and I am frankly angry for him, but no one can talk about it and it makes me even angrier. But that is besides the point. Mike is a consummate professional. One of the very few in this scene.

So try to cut him a little slack. And if you don't like it, after he sends you whatever you are waiting for, remember how you felt/reacted, and don't order from him again! It really is a great way to navigate this hobby. I have systematically closed a lot of doors lately, and have protected myself as a result. Either emotionally, or financially, or both. And I have had it happen to me, and I totally get it. Not every body had a good experience with everyone.

But Mike is on it. For what my word is worth, which from what I am told is not much ;)

Sorry for all your problems and I just want to thank you for responding to me!! I hope your life gets better mike!! I just wanted to no that you was taking care of me. I had asked on here numorous times and did not get responded to. I know he is busy and I know that he has had a bad year, and I hope this one is better for him. I am not trying to start drama just want to know that he has not forgotten me!! Thanks Mike for all you do!!

I am sorry if my reply seemed a little curt.

Part of why i responded the way that i did is that i have been seriously concerned for the status of this SS forum for a while now. It seems it has become a rather hostile place in the last year or so and it is very disappointing to me. It has largely become a ghost town, likely because of the hostility.

It used to be a place where people who enjoyed the same thing could come together, and in some cases like me people supported a cottage industry, to those people i am always grateful.

However, it seems most of the post have become argumentative at best and I feel like it is alienating the people who are here for the more "fun" aspects of the hobby. I understand the drives to be constantly improving the way that we do things and feedback is an important part of that, but i feel like it has just become overall mean spirited in many places here. Good people leave or are silent when a place becomes to hostile.

I do not mean to single you out by any means, it is something that i have noticed for a long time now and i have been silent, we should all respect each other.

I really do want all my customers to be happy, i know that is an unrealistic expectation. I am not Apple, like so many cottage industries i am a 1 man operation. R&D, operations, manufacturing, shipping, accounting, just absolutely everything. I have worked very hard to avoid the pitfalls of the garage kit industry but i am not immune to mistakes and oversights. Even Apple does not have a 100% customer satisfaction so there is no way that i can make everyone happy as much as i would like to.

I will continue to try to offer unique projects for those who are so inclined to purchase them. If someone is disappointed or it does not meet their standards I can respect that. I just ask that if you do not want something from me or anyone else here, at least respect that some people do and are happy with that.
Mike

Part of why i responded the way that i did is that i have been seriously concerned for the status of this SS forum for a while now. It seems it has become a rather hostile place in the last year or so and it is very disappointing to me. It has largely become a ghost town, likely because of the hostility.

It used to be a place where people who enjoyed the same thing could come together, and in some cases like me people supported a cottage industry, to those people i am always grateful.

However, it seems most of the post have become argumentative at best and I feel like it is alienating the people who are here for the more "fun" aspects of the hobby. I understand the drives to be constantly improving the way that we do things and feedback is an important part of that, but i feel like it has just become overall mean spirited in many places here. Good people leave or are silent when a place becomes to hostile.

I do not mean to single you out by any means, it is something that i have noticed for a long time now and i have been silent, we should all respect each other.

I really do want all my customers to be happy, i know that is an unrealistic expectation. I am not Apple, like so many cottage industries i am a 1 man operation. R&D, operations, manufacturing, shipping, accounting, just absolutely everything. I have worked very hard to avoid the pitfalls of the garage kit industry but i am not immune to mistakes and oversights. Even Apple does not have a 100% customer satisfaction so there is no way that i can make everyone happy as much as i would like to.

I will continue to try to offer unique projects for those who are so inclined to purchase them. If someone is disappointed or it does not meet their standards I can respect that. I just ask that if you do not want something from me or anyone else here, at least respect that some people do and are happy with that.
Mike

Well said, Mike.

TazMan2000

Well you always make awesome stuff and your casts are off the wall!!! I still will purchase models from you!! And I am in agreement with every word you said in your post. This forum is not like it used to be that's for sure!!!!! People were truly nice!!!! Look forward to seeing what you produce in the future!!! Sure would like one of those AT AT ;)

Mike

Agree ! There was a before and now an after and we all know because of who. :(
I think people mostly post on FB because of them, that's what Im doing anyway, waiting with patience they leave the place. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back