The Mythbusters - Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman

Psicorp7

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Myself and a fellow member of the local 501st have a passing resemblance to the Mythbusters so we thought it would be a good idea for costumes after a recent troop. I was Adam and Mike was Jamie.

I cut my hair and trimmed my beard to a goatee and sideburns. I had ordered a new set of frames for my glasses that were close to Adams but much less expensive. To finish it off was an "off the rack" Indiana Jones fedora, a black on black ringer t-shirt, jeans and my steel toed boots. Mike kept his head shaved, grew out his goatee and he already had the glasses and beret. Just add the black undershirt and the white oxford and he was good to go!

It was a nice set of quick costumes and we were instantly recognized!

Mythbusters 2.JPGMythbusters 1.JPG

Too funny! Adam asavage is a member here, so hopefully he sees this. I'm sure he and Jamie would get a kick out of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Indy! Love your work! I think I will hang on to the outfit and bring it out to SDCC next year. Should be fun.

This is awesome. Would be funny to see what Adam has to say about it. Definitely should wear this to a Con, since I know Adam likes to go incognito.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back