Trying to track down Star Trek laser gears. please help!

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, for the past two years, I've been trying to track down the gears that were used on the Cage Laser when it was converted for the second pilot WNMHGB with no luck. For a while, I was being told that these gears came from a Remington Typewriter. But, I now think that this is a red herring, since I haven't found any Typewriter gears that match at all. About 10 years ago, Nicksdad had some of these for sale, but I've contacted him and he's told me that he got the, for, a buddy who found them at a surplus shop, so he cant say what the gears came from. If anyone can help in this search I'd really appreciate

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XNPD380IpBQ/Sdd85RGUfhI/AAAAAAAAFO4/l_M4vGjIPwA/s1600-h/P127_7.jpg
Thanks

Dan

were is that picture from. looks like some kind of double line perforating tool. but that wouldn't explain the center cog..

Well...they used TYPE writer keys for the side of the gun

That looks like a gear for a type writer spool.

This is some kind of clock cog shown here.

il_570xN.455720204_4hj2.jpg

Well...they used TYPE writer keys for the side of the gun

That looks like a gear for a type writer spool.

Yeah, I thought that for a long while, but none of the typewriters that I've found seem to have parts that match. And since Nicksdad said that the parts were off the shelf surplus items I'm having doubts about the typewriter connection

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back