Teaser for my work in progress Rambo First Blood 1:1 Rambo M65 costume display.

Raven1973

Well guys, I have nearly finished my full size First Blood display.

This is from the start of the movie when we see the character of Rambo wearing his M65 combat jacket. I bought a male mannequin and shortened it to Stallone's reported height of 5' 10".

I then went about making a base. Like a number of us on here, I couldnt afford a lot, so I had to improvise. The base structer is an old wooden bakers tray, which I painted matt black. I then wanted to simulate dirt on the edge of the road, so I used cornflour and PVA glue, then added dirt, along with more PVA glue. Then it came to the road surface, so I initially used corn flour, PVA glue and road stone chippings, but after 2 days, the flour started to turn inside out with large bubbles coming through the stones. So I revised it, and used the stuff you can buy to mend holes in your drive. I rolled it out with a rolling pin, then went about painting it grey, as the original colour of the repair stuff was black, which fades to grey after a period of time in sunlight, but as I didnt have that luxury of having the time, for this natural process to happen, I opted just to painted it. With the white paint I had left, I made a white line for the road edge, I only gave it a couple of coats, as I didnt want the line to look too new, I wanted a distressed look to the paint.

I then wanted a correct licence plate for the period of the movie (1981) and the correct state where it was supposed to have been, which I found cheaply, I then bent it up a little, to make it look it had been laying on the side of the road for some time. I then sourced a Coke can from the USA that was from the period of when the movie was filmed, which I added too.

I am just waiting for the head to arrive and I will then be able to remove the mannequin head and neck, and apply the new one thats on its way as we speak. Then it will be ready to unveil. Not long now guys. :)

dis22_zps0abb04f7.jpg

Just as a side note, just wanted to show you guys my original Bill Pruitt First Blood oil painting. Sly Stallone has bought a number of Bill's pieces over the years, and I have a photo of Stallone looking at my actual painting, luckily he didn't buy it. lol I wanted to make a themed frame worthy of the artwork, so I used one of the roof tiles that I acquired from the building at the Delmar berry property, which is the building on Sly's right as he walks into shot at the start of the movie. I cut the roof tile down and mitered the edges and placed them over the original frame. I then added some artificial fern, and inert M60 bullets on each corner. I then added artificial ivy all around the frame, and added a set of screen accurate dog tags with the movie characters details on the bottom of the frame.

base2d_zps798feb6a.jpg

frames_zps17f10cb3.jpg

1381282_1438703866356214_1948083550_n_zps495c83ba.jpg

Attachments

• 1381282_1438703866356214_1948083550_n_zps495c83ba.jpg
    1381282_1438703866356214_1948083550_n_zps495c83ba.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
So here it is finished. The head was made by a good friend and not by myself. Sorry for the poor lighting, I will make another video tomorrow in day light along with the screen accurate sleeping bag I have. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent stuff as always mate. Got Andy's Survival knife to test and review this week. So keep an eye out on BB and BcUK. Like your displays, it is a bit good.

All the best,

JD

hello Raven excellent work for the diorama.
I have a question for the paint J.rambo M65 battle jacket its the original or a reproduction, I find it excellent and the frame is beautiful.

Thanks JD

Cant wait for see your review of our Andy Wood FB knives, I may miss it, could you please send me the link on here maybe once you have uploaded it if you get the time mate?

hello Raven excellent work for the diorama.
I have a question for the paint J.rambo M65 battle jacket its the original or a reproduction, I find it excellent and the frame is beautiful.

Hi
Thanks for the feedback on the frame, it was something I just threw together. Yes, that is Bill Pruitt's original painting. :)

Well, I could just leave it there....but I buckled under the pressure and bought another bust, and mannequin...

Ive gone for the manhunt scene. I have some fake fern to put on its back, a screen accurate radio that he uses in the movie, and a Denix M16 replica, stay tuned for completion guys. :)

dummy6.jpg

fb diz 13.jpg

dummy4.jpg

fb diz 13.jpg

fb diz 12.jpg

fb diz 15.jpg

fb diz 14.jpg

rad.JPG

busty2.jpg

Well a quick update guys. I have finally ordered the metal and plastic replica M16. Just got to stitch the artificial ferns on the back of the tarp, and try and find an accurate sling for the M16. Will keep you posted once finished.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=DruYvLk4ycg[/video]

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=grNt_AbiBoQ[/video]

Hi Raven, you've got an awesome Rambo collection. Would you be able to tell me what the exact make and boot model is for the boots he is wearing in First Blood? I am putting together a First Blood display table at the moment and I am having a hard time trying to find these boots. Do you also have any good knife and sheath recommendations? I have looked at Mattton Edges knife, but it looks like he is done.

Hi Raven, you've got an awesome Rambo collection. Would you be able to tell me what the exact make and boot model is for the boots he is wearing in First Blood? I am putting together a First Blood display table at the moment and I am having a hard time trying to find these boots. Do you also have any good knife and sheath recommendations? I have looked at Mattton Edges knife, but it looks like he is done.

Hi, I have no idea of what the exact boots were that Stallone wore. I do know he bought them all from a shoe shop in Hope BC where the movie was filmed. I'd start looking foe Texas Steer or similar boots, put in the word vintage, as Im sure they are no longer made. My friend Andy Wood did make a very good FB knife, I have no idea if he still makes them, but I'd give him a go if I were you. www.rambo-knife.com I hope this helps?

Wow thats amazing guys, first blood is my all time favourite movie. I have been trying to get a jacket M-65 myself. I cant seem to find pne anywhere that is the same model as Rambos. Could anyone send me a link or advise me who sells them thanks.

Wow thats amazing guys, first blood is my all time favourite movie. I have been trying to get a jacket M-65 myself. I cant seem to find pne anywhere that is the same model as Rambos. Could anyone send me a link or advise me who sells them thanks.

I believe I may have found the actual brand of boots from First Blood. I have been analyzing every frame and BTS pictures I could find. Based on the smooth sole and the single horizontal seem across the side I believe they may be the "Herman Survivor Boot". It is a model from the 70's. They are selling a pair on Ebay. This is just a guess but the closest I have found so far.
s-l1600.jpg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg
p.jpeg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back