I SCORED a set: replica Don Post Halloween 3 mask set FOR $10

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was just curious if anyone could give a review on the quality of the Don Post Halloween III Season of the Witch
Mask set? I noticed the released the Skull/witch/pumpkin masks last year, and was hoping they would be available this Halloween at The Spirit Store so I could check them out. But they do not carry them and I am not sure if I should take a risk buying them online without seeing them. The set runs about $150 which seems decent for three masks.

Last edited:
Re: Anybody buy the replica Don Post Halloween 3 mask set?

I was just thinking about these. I keep meaning to buy a set. As I understand it, they display well once you shape them a bit. If anyone has an extra set hit me by PM.

-Rylo

Here are ones online.
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was just thinking about these. I keep meaning to buy a set. As I understand it, they display well once you shape them a bit. If anyone has an extra set hit me by PM.

-Rylo

I plan one day to pick them up... After I aquire that darn Cryo Can ;)

Thanks for the pics. I thought we're talking about a Halloween 3 Myers Mask set ;)

As for the Don Post masks I can really recommend them. Nice and tight fit, not oversized like usual Halloween masks. :thumbsup

Well, today was a good HALLOWEEN :)

I dropped my wife off at work, and as I often do, I stopped by the local Salvation Army on my way back home.
They had all their Halloween decor and costumes 50% off since today is Oct 31st.
To my surprise.... There was a complete set of these Masks there. They're missing the hang tags, and they were thrown in a bin with all other masks, so they were disfigured. They are Vinyl and not latex, so they can lose their shape if not properly stored.
So I picked them up, brought them home, used a hair dryer to heat them up, and stuffed them to shape and will let them set a couple days until they are fixed.

The best part: $5.99 each.... At 50% off...
With tax, it was around $10 (and change) for all three!!

I was just thinking about that movie too, so completely against the rest of the entire series.... Anybody ever make the Silver Shamrock 'tags' that were in the masks in the movie? I guess I doubted that they'd take the time to add that detail on the Don Posts...

I was just thinking about that movie too, so completely against the rest of the entire series.... Anybody ever make the Silver Shamrock 'tags' that were in the masks in the movie? I guess I doubted that they'd take the time to add that detail on the Don Posts...

Yeah, there was a seller of exact duplicates a few years back. I had three that I bought and set aside for the day I got the masks.

lol one of the best parts of the series as a kid cause it hit home, kids + masks + candy.. until they masks started oozing bugs and stuff was awesome another film that kept me up more than one night. to bad current Horror offerings don`t even come close to these classic films

lol one of the best parts of the series as a kid cause it hit home, kids + masks + candy.. until they masks started oozing bugs and stuff was awesome another film that kept me up more than one night. to bad current Horror offerings don`t even come close to these classic films

Totally agree. Years later (until I saw it again) I didn't even remember about the aliens, the Stonehenge stone, none of that. What I did remember was that annoying song, the blinking pumpkin, and HOLY SH#&$&^# THERE ARE SNAKES COMING OUT OF THAT KID'S HEAD

emoticon_surprised.jpg

First E.T. now this!

Bro you are living a charmed life! :lol

Well, today was a good HALLOWEEN :)

I dropped my wife off at work, and as I often do, I stopped by the local Salvation Army on my way back home.
They had all their Halloween decor and costumes 50% off since today is Oct 31st.
To my surprise.... There was a complete set of these Masks there. They're missing the hang tags, and they were thrown in a bin with all other masks, so they were disfigured. They are Vinyl and not latex, so they can lose their shape if not properly stored.
So I picked them up, brought them home, used a hair dryer to heat them up, and stuffed them to shape and will let them set a couple days until they are fixed.

The best part: $5.99 each.... At 50% off...
With tax, it was around $10 (and change) for all three!!

To anyone thinking about trying to find a set of these, unless you can find one at $5/mask like the lucky member above, you're best bet is to just wait until Halloween 2014. Trick or Treat studios obtained the H3 license after Don Post went out of business in 2012. The 2012 DP set is pretty hard to find because the company went under and that set isn't very good to begin with. As others have said they are vinyl, not latex, and the only one that looks decent is the pumpkin. The witch's paint and hood are very off and inaccurate compared to the originals and other independent remakes. Also, as other have pointed out they are typically in pretty bad shape even if you do manage to find a set. I had a set and even after days of heating them up and attempting to reshape them I was never very happy with the result.

The TOTS set next year will be about as good as it gets and they will have the Silver Shamrock tags and even microchips.

I am actually happy with the masks. Sure I bought them cheap, but the quality reminds me of cheap masks at my local drug store when I was a kid.
Once I reshaped them, I am quite happy. Sure, the paint job could be better, but I still will display them proudly :)

Absolutely no offense taken ;)
Trick or Treat Studios makes awesome masks and I'm sure theirs will be 99% accurate to the original DP masks produced back in the day.
I will probably upgrade myself when they hit the market :)
But I still like the ones I got.... Maybe I would feel different if I spent $150 though :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back