Foam Armor Sealing+Painting? Mark 42 project

FatMan

So I've been putting off my mark 42 project. I basically pepped it all out of foam sheets and then stopped working on it. Halloween is next week so I figured I should just seal and paint it now.

Oi9Y6Sy.jpg

My question is, what should I use to seal it? Rather than plasti dip. I don't like the rubber look of it and its too expensive.

Also, should I go with automotive spray paint, regular spray paint, or brush paint? And is there anyway I can avoid the paint from cracking?

Please post photos of your finished results of what you did. Thanks!

i would also suggest automotive spray paints. . .about foam sealing, if you don't want to use plastidip then you might want to use the good-old PVA Glue method. .

i'm using acrylic emulsion to seal my foam suits, but i won't suggest it to you since i don't know if it is available on your country, and it's pretty much the same as PVA Glue. . .

1377463_531934680222329_205018635_n.jpg

i would also suggest automotive spray paints. . .about foam sealing, if you don't want to use plastidip then you might want to use the good-old PVA Glue method. .

i'm using acrylic emulsion to seal my foam suits, but i won't suggest it to you since i don't know if it is available on your country, and it's pretty much the same as PVA Glue. . .

Is PVA glue found at Walmart? I'm in the U.S. Does regular craft glue or modge podge work the same?

according to stealth's tutorials. . .yeah it can be found at walmart and dollar store i guess, elmer's glue would do or wood and craft glue, i don't know about modge podge

according to stealth's tutorials. . .yeah it can be found at walmart and dollar store i guess, elmer's glue would do or wood and craft glue, i don't know about modge podge

Okay that's what I was thinking.

About the paint though.. I've done automotive paint on plasti dip in the past. It looks good except for the obvious soft/foam. The automotive paint just doesn't seem to do justice for what you pay for when you paint foam suits rather than a solid fiberglass/plastic suit.

I'm on a budget and since I'm doing a cheap foam suit I'm leaning towards cheaper paint.

bNGFJ8w.jpg
w9S2xJ4.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back