Fallout 3 Pipboy 3000 Build

KamiCat

First thread I've posted, might as well be a Fallout one!

Started out with an uncut mold from The Forge Props website.
tuefQLt.jpg

Cut out the screen and everything else. It's a little rough, but this is the first mold I've ever worked on.

KOW3LLt.jpg

Then I applied two coats of metallic silver, and stuck on a radmeter decal. Covered the radmeter with a clear coat so I'll be able to weather it.

jvBjgvQ.jpg

Going to use Black and Burnt Umber to weather it. Will post more pics when I get to painting it!

Feedback Appreciated! ;3

(Also, anyone know where I can get some orange LED's for it?)

Nice start there, I really want to get myself a pipboy. I think it might be the first kit I ever do! Here's a good place to pick up orange LED as well as many other colors. Orange 30° 5mm LED - LED Supply.com

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Are you going to be putting a smartphone in the viewfinder or going with a different option?

Nice start there, I really want to get myself a pipboy. I think it might be the first kit I ever do! Here's a good place to pick up orange LED as well as many other colors. Orange 30° 5mm LED - LED Supply.com

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Are you going to be putting a smartphone in the viewfinder or going with a different option?

Thanks for the link, but do you know what I could use for the light coverings?
(Like the ones below)
K7C1UrK.jpg

Thanks for the link, but do you know what I could use for the light coverings?
(Like the ones below)
View attachment 246207

I'm not sure on that one, it might be a challenge to find that though they ought to be somewhat common in electronics shops... Maybe Radio Shack even? I was also thinking that you might be able to make little clear covers out of Wonderflex Pro but, I don't know i anyone is selling it yet.. it's a new product that I saw demoed at D*Con and it is pretty awesome for crafting clear plastic things. TheEngineerGuy was suppose to be carrying it but, they weren't so sure when they were going to get it in and I don see it on their website at the moment.

Wish I had better help to offer on this but that's all I got at the moment, maybe one o the other threads on the pipboy will have a source for parts.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back