Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

daredevil665

Sr Member
Hello to all.

I'm Italian and I do not speak English. I help with online translator . Therefore , I apologize in advance if you read errors. I hope I do not say bad words .

it is only recently that model and I realized only 3 sculptures with clay.
I am a self-taught and I do this only as a hobby , a couple of hours a day.
This is my first work with these mixed materials :

extruded polystyrene , which is great for getting volume and structure but not for the details ;

polyurethane , which is great for the details but it is not structural ;

DAS modeling clay , a little modeling , but economic and sufficient for certain types of details ;

canary seed as a filler or plaster to smooth the surface ;

screws used as a core to strengthen protruding parts, plastic pipes and rubber , iron and aluminum profiles .

In this site you can see impressive works and I do not have much to teach, but to learn.

I started this sculpture on 21/06/2013 and I think I finish it in about twenty days.

For the moment I am attaching this image that a transition in a couple of weeks ago.

As soon as possible , insert the sequence of construction .

To the next.

uea8.jpg

8ljw.jpg

9cuf.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Very nice work! I wish that was in my living room and that my living room was big enough to have that in it! I love the feel of this, very Giger and very creepy. Imagine if someone ever made the mistake of breaking into your place and then seeing that terrifying thing in front of him? LOL

Very nice work! I wish that was in my living room and that my living room was big enough to have that in it! I love the feel of this, very Giger and very creepy. Imagine if someone ever made the mistake of breaking into your place and then seeing that terrifying thing in front of him? LOL

In fact I had thought to put it in the night on the landing of my building. I wonder what my neighbors would say, when they open the door in the morning to go to work. aaaaaaahhhhh! :)
thanks

Inside the limbs are inserted joints, because initially I thought to create a more attractive, as seen in the comics, but then I realized that all the pictures that I found about it, did not reflect the personality of the first Giger Alien. Alien walking slowly and seemingly calm in his inspection of the environment, as seen in this video:

Only in the encounter with someone, he raised his arms to hold their head and screwing with retractable jaws. He also had hypnotic movements, as seen in this video:

where his hands move to hold the attention of the victim, while acting with the stinger on its tail. Too bad that the director has cut many scenes, in my opinion, very characteristic of the alien.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm glad you finally started your own thread :) This is a Fantastic build!! really looking forward to seeing it all finished.
I think you should post more pictures of your work up to this point... lots more pics :D

:thumbsup :)

I'm glad you finally started your own thread :) This is a Fantastic build!! really looking forward to seeing it all finished.
I think you should post more pictures of your work up to this point... lots more pics :D

:thumbsup :)

Really amazing build! Can't wait to see as you keep working.

sqwl.jpg

z564.jpg

Hello, thanks for the comments, particularly in Leigh because with its tread has allowed me to realize the alien's head.;)

I added the pipes and corrugated surfaces to arms, glued tubes and connected with modeling clay. I used a little 'bigger pipes than the original, because I like the most. Furthermore, for the same reason, I added a corrugated surface outside of the forearm, which in the original is not there. To realize the corrugated surfaces I used a corrugated pipe like a rolling pin on dough modeling, inserting it into a rod of wood.

As soon as the modeling clay will be dried, I will be able to get a sanding surface more smooth, although I prefer to leave it a bit 'rough because I think it is more realistic.

soon with new images. :D

Last edited:

Hello to all,
This is the plaster mold to make thermoformed transparent dome placed on the head. Its internal volume is polystyrene with a wooden base to allow mounting with screws to the thermoforming machine. The quality of the transparency is caused by the material and smoothing of the mold. To obtain a good surface I gave the last layer with a synthetic gypsum very hard, while the inner part is of canary seed, which is more moldable but too tender for thermoforming. Unfortunately, the first printed it did not go very well because the outer layer was too thin and cracked during forming. I had to do it again. I recommend having a hard layer not less than 7-8 mm. The thickness of the departure of the polycarbonate sheet not less than 5mm.

x9y6.jpg

xqic.jpg

qvh0.jpg

v0t2.jpg

Hello to all,
This is to design the wood pedestal with wheels. The statue contains an armature in the legs, made ​​of angle iron sections. by means of plates, these are combined with other angle iron which is fixed on the base of the pedestal. The twin holes prevent rotation of the parties.

xzc2.jpg

ivd5.jpg

n3ch.jpg

efxs.jpg

jh36.jpg

gco7.jpg

u317.jpg

7sto.jpg

This is the finished, plastered and painted.

3xqm.jpg

To the next.;)

WOW!!! you really are storming along with this build :thumbsup

More information on creating a transparent dome.

the area devoted to the dome, I put the filling of polystyrene on the alien head and put the plaster until it reaches the edges of the head, trying to quickly model the plaster with a spatula. Days later, when the plaster has dried, I worked with the rasp to shape, mostly in the front of the face. Not to work on the head threatening to ruin it, I removed the plaster and I placed on another support that completed the entire mold and I finished coated with plaster.

IMAG0751.jpgIMAG0752.jpgIMAG0753.jpgIMAG0754.jpgIMAG0755.jpgIMAG0756.jpgIMAG0757.jpgIMAG0760.jpgIMAG0761.jpgIMAG0762.jpgTransparent Dome tooling.jpg

Ciao.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back