Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Thanks Vader and Sleepy,I had initially prepared joints in the junctions to try different poses,but none convince me. Then I found that Sano,equal to the museum, which I liked a lot, but many friends told me it was too neutral. So I opted for this,which is the classic monster who wants to take

I have joined hands. Now I have to improve in the fingers and wrists,then I'll make the tail of 3 meters,with 100 vertebrae. I make my wishes :)

Here it is, with me at his side to highlight its dimensions of 2.40 meters. (7.9 ft.) without the pedestal which is 20cm. (total of 2.60 mt., 8.5 ft.). I am tall 1.75mt (5.74 ft.). If I were to do it again, I would of 3.5 mt. (11.5 ft).

aoun.jpg

That's Amazing!! The relatively short time it's taken you to build this is intimidating to say the least! Very Impressive!! :thumbsup

Now get some paint on that Albino Alien :D

That's Amazing!! The relatively short time it's taken you to build this is intimidating to say the least! Very Impressive!! :thumbsup

Now get some paint on that Albino Alien :D
Thanks Leigh,
on your technical ability and artistic taste , your comments are much incentive .

The speed of construction is also related to the quality , which in this case is inferior to other sculptures I've seen in RPF . Yours, for example, or those of predators , or those of the faun , or those of Kyle Reese, all really fantastic with attention to surface detail , not to mention that their schedules are already inclusive of molds !

The reason for this time and lower quality , is caused by lack of experience and lack of a space dedicated to this activity , that I do in the room of my apartment ... dust! :unsure It took me a whole weekend to clean it from top to bottom . For this I wanted to live my apartment clean and free as soon as possible .

Before this sculpture , I had only four small sculptures in terracotta ( natural clay ) and painted with a brush and sponge.
2ec9.jpg3ukv.jpgpu2m.jpg

This sculpture of Pan, is the last before alien.
This ALIEN would require spray painting and airbrush , which I never used . I'm learning a lot of things, but the airbrush is challenging. Maybe I'll color the background with spray and sponge with the shades on the reliefs , such as the ribs. For the smallest nuances , I will use my fingers and a pen . About albino , maybe there will be a surprise in color, but it cost me 200 € more ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir there is nothing inferior about the quality of this creation...........it looks like a casting from the screen used creature!!! :)

Sir there is nothing inferior about the quality of this creation...........it looks like a casting from the screen used creature!!! :)

Thanks Vader,
You're always very kind.
If I approach with the camera to alien, become visible imperfections, but from the beginning I was aware of the compromise "time / quality / materials / costs." Now that I'm nearing the end and I finished the great effort, I want to take better care of the details, as some wrinkles of the skin and small holes and depressions to be filled. But, for certain parts, such as the number of clues to the side of the head, I can not improve. For this area, I modeled the polyurethane insulation with small limes, but to strengthen the surface of the polyurethane using a resin that is applied by brush, I lost detail. This desire to care, is born looking at the care that put others in their work, because this Alien was born just for me that I was content with less quality, but, entering the RPF, was born the urge to do outdo themselves. I think this is also the meaning of this wonderful site. ;)

I love it!

I even think the white color is interesting. An interesting variation.

Do you plan to paint it soon?

I love it!

I even think the white color is interesting. An interesting variation.

Do you plan to paint it soon?
Thanks nick daring.

In my inexperience, I thought I would do it all in two months. Then they became three, then four, then five and 21/12/2013 will be six. I hope to finish before Christmas, so do me a gift! :D:D:D

Seriously, unless some unforeseen need arises, I hope to finish by Christmas. :)

For the color, I think it will be as similar as possible to the original, because I want to Alien in my house, but maybe there will be a particular variant of a surprise. (if that is how I hope)

Last edited:

Alien is also narcissus and wants to do the manicure. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, absolutely amazing. I like how methodical you are on your build.
I hope you don't sleep anywhere near that thing... it'd scare the living ***** out of me if I woke up and saw it standing there, near my bed.

This is absolutely incredible work. There's nothing better than life size statues and replicas, especially at this scale! Truly beautiful piece, I can't wait to see it painted!

This is absolutely incredible work. There's nothing better than life size statues and replicas, especially at this scale! Truly beautiful piece, I can't wait to see it painted!

Wow, absolutely amazing. I like how methodical you are on your build.
I hope you don't sleep anywhere near that thing... it'd scare the living ***** out of me if I woke up and saw it standing there, near my bed.

Thanks you all.

Last edited:

Alien-Tail3.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm about to start the tail of the alien.
I have a question concerning the rigidity / flexibility of the tail.
It is three meters long.
It consists of more corrugated pipes, above which lie the vertebrae.
I thought to create the curve of the tail with a metallic tube, which will be inserted in the central tube corrugated, with the addition of polyurethane foam to fix the shape and stiffness.
But anyway I can make it rigid, I think it will still be a little 'flexible.
Therefore, the problem that I foresee is concerned with the substance of the vertebrae, or would like a moldable substance and a little 'flexible after drying, lest it generate fractures of the substance.
The question is:
Do you know a moldable substance that, after air drying, remains a bit 'flexible?

Thank you all in advance.

http://www.propstore.com/img/products/11/Alien-Tail3.jpg

Hello everyone, I'm about to start the tail of the alien.
I have a question concerning the rigidity / flexibility of the tail.
It is three meters long.
It consists of more corrugated pipes, above which lie the vertebrae.
I thought to create the curve of the tail with a metallic tube, which will be inserted in the central tube corrugated, with the addition of polyurethane foam to fix the shape and stiffness.
But anyway I can make it rigid, I think it will still be a little 'flexible.
Therefore, the problem that I foresee is concerned with the substance of the vertebrae, or would like a moldable substance and a little 'flexible after drying, lest it generate fractures of the substance.
The question is:
Do you know a moldable substance that, after air drying, remains a bit 'flexible?

Thank you all in advance.
In the meantime, I got the idea to separate the areas of the vertebrae, also in the area opposite to them, where would request a continuity of material of clay, as is visible in the image:

x04w.jpg

In this area I will practice cuts very thin on the modeling paste still tender, through the use of a fishing line. In this way I can use the usual clay without incurring unwanted breakage. I look forward to any of your ideas.

Hello to all,
I'm basing the curve of the tail.
Which do you prefer between these (the first, the second, or with the tubes)? If you do not like enough, Do you have any proposal to make to me? You may download the latest image and draw the curve of the tail that you'd like. :)
Unfortunately, for reasons of space in my apartment, I'd rather not do corners too wide, but I'd still like to see other ideas. Keep in mind the personality of the first Alien, to HR Giger.

c12v.jpg

9sza.jpg

p69b.jpg

qbq7.jpg

lcew.jpg

This is the image without the tail that you could use to paint:

6waj.jpg

Thanks anyway. :)

I think the position you have with the tubes is good :thumbsup It goes well with the position of the arms & his open mouth :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back