Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

The Transparent dome.
25gn.jpg

ezet.jpg

This is a very intense and awesome build! Looks fantastic! Spot on likeness.

Amazing!! :thumbsup :)

Very nice indeed!

Hello Guys,
Thanks for the comments. :)
I kept the inner jaws are lagging behind, because otherwise, in my opinion, took away aggressiveness in the face. Even so they take away a bit '. If they were completely extracted, they seem a cigar! :D

I sprayed a bit ' of water on the dome to emulate the opacity , which does not yet have now and it is too transparent.

Since the dome is free from undercuts , ie the surface that curves under the pipes perimeter of the head, I recreated these continuity of the curve with the synthetic clay . The mold to create the dome had undercuts , but unfortunately broke the domes , so I removed the undercut .

IMAG0991.jpg

Now I have to assemble trunk with legs, model areas shared between these two parts, which are the details on the hips, pelvic area, and the fitting on the buttocks and add the two side tubes for each leg. Then I'll break his ass :) in order to submit the fastening system of the tail. First, however, I would think to prepare it for a possible construction of molds. Perhaps it may be sufficient to separate only the rear tubes and the rear plank placed under the head, from the rest of the body. It will be a large mold, but, at least, is just one. I have to inform before if this is possible. In the meantime, I would ask if you would do in the same way, or have any ideas that you feel better? ;)

Last edited:

This is a very intense and awesome build! Looks fantastic! Spot on likeness.

Thank you, most of the work is coming to an end. Missing the tail, which will make me vex for at least a week or maybe two.
I thank you with regard to the similarity, but unfortunately I started to copy other replicas and only halfway I found the most beautiful version of Yoshiko Sano. What I wanted, was the expression of the eye sockets and teeth. The rear tubes of the back of my Alien are a little longer (3-4cm).

Taking as inspiration this photo:
unnamed--630b432ddd.jpg

for the eye sockets seem to be fairly similar, while the upper lateral teeth could still correct and steer a little inward. Between the teeth, there is still some difference in length, but at least I can say that this is my version. :)

Last edited:

This makes me want to see an "All-Chrome" Giger Alien at some point before I die.

s5kk.jpg

This makes me want to see an "All-Chrome" Giger Alien at some point before I die.

http://imageshack.us/a/img14/3978/s5kk.jpg

Hello, I thought the same thing myself just tonight. M 'are asked "why do not all chrome Alien?". I wondered why surfing the internet looking for special colors, I came across the chrome paint. Alien However, this could have an unexpected surprise. ;)

Hello to all,
I'm asking who knows for sure if the ripples that are seen on the hands and inner thigh are due to aging or were already present from the beginning?

rbobv001.jpg

I'd be inclined to put that down to aging of the latex :unsure

I'd be inclined to put that down to aging of the latex :unsure

Hello Leigh, I am also of your own opinion, even if, in the hands, a few wrinkles does not clash. I, however, proceed without roughness, except those resultant from my inability. :)

The modeling clay that I use , besides being cheap (7 € / kg) , it is very effective for certain types of work , such as the preparation of large surfaces or for connections and fills, but for modeling details is not suitable. In fact, it is used mostly with small molds (activities more suitable for children) . For large areas is convenient because you can arrange with a rolling pin , resulting in smooth surfaces . You can also get very long and thin rods , because it is a bit ' fibrous, but for the same reason , it is just reassemble it with itself and you have to press hard , losing the previous results . If it is not compact well before you mold it , it tends to crack when modeling. After you apply it , it is not spreadability for long stretches , as it does very well with the spatula on the natural clay . Struggling a lot, can be modeled with Mirette stecche%20in%20bosso.jpg 368643mirette.gif , but it remains far from the results of natural clay .

But its biggest advantage is that it is fairly hard after curing and sanding with ease. Wetting with water and rubbing the surface , it releases a glue that allows it to stick There are many forms of materials .
With natural clay would have been obtained impressive details , but it would be cracked , its weight would be too much and I could not even cook . With other materials would have cost too much. All in all , I'm happy with the results. Maybe I will find the best solutions for your next job .

This weekend I made the union between torso and legs and part of the modeling of the junction . As soon as the modeling clay is dry , I'll have to sand to get the smoothing and I want to add other details.

Conjunction image sequence.
Diapositiva1.JPGDiapositiva2.JPGDiapositiva3.JPGDiapositiva4.JPGDiapositiva5.JPGDiapositiva6.JPG

The disgust of foam :)
IMAG1020.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1024.jpg

Followed by smoothing and adding missing details.

Goodbye In the next update :)

Last edited:

The modeling of the central part is finished (maybe). Tomorrow I will make the joining of hands on the arms.
mejz.jpg
edto.jpg
v7w3.jpg
0r2i.jpg
0h61.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks to my amazing technique, :D :D :D I managed to assemble the second hand. luckily for me, the alien does not have three hands. Finally, from now on I will do very little dust,because except for a few tweaks. With the tail should not make too much. Finally I can thoroughly clean my small apartment.
9we3.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back