LED lighting inside very small section of a model

Keith

Sr Member
I'm looking for help with lighting a model. I have a panel about 1.5" long which needs to be backlit with red LEDs. The problem is that even one 2032 battery in its holder is pushing it for space, so I am having trouble getting the backlit panel to light up evenly with such little power. I first thought one LED would do the job, but the panel is dark at both ends. It looks like I need at least two LEDs and they will need to be as bright as possible.

Can anyone tell me what sort of red LEDs and what resistors will work best and be quite bright using just one 3v 2032 battery to power them.
Can I run two LEDs one 2032 or is there anything more powerful than a 2032 which will take up the same or less space?

Thanks,

Keith.

is the thickness of the 2032 the issue that your having with the battery? I think a 2016 is a little thinner with same output.

It's the width of the disc of the 2032 that's the problem. The section of model that it has to fit into is a sort of cylinder shape inside, so the edges of the 2032 are touching both sides of the cylinder so half the space is going to waste under the battery.

Thanks,

Keith

Try a CR1025, same voltage but smaller diameter. If you need more than 3v, stack two or three together.

Also if you use more than 1 led ie:if you use 2 or more.dont wire them in series wire them up parallel that way each led gets as much juice as the other.in series they have to share the juice in parallel they are wired up individualy to the + and -, each led gets as much juice as the others.i have had loads of leds on just one watch battery.
:)

Also if you use more than 1 led ie:if you use 2 or more.dont wire them in series wire them up parallel that way each led gets as much juice as the other.in series they have to share the juice in parallel they are wired up individualy to the + and -, each led gets as much juice as the others.i have had loads of leds on just one watch battery.
:)

correct my friend :) ,

here is a series parallel led/resistor calculator and designer

LED series parallel array wizard

you can connect 2 leds (RED LED USES 2 VOLTS & 20 ma) in parallel with 3 volt source requires a 50 ohm resistor per led, this will give you the brightness you want with a descent run time.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back