Ltd. Ed Nike MAG'S not working

matchit

Anyone have a real pair where the elcetronics are not working? I bought mine from the original ebay auctions. I have never worn them and its been less than two years and the lights don't work. I am extremely pissed as i spent a small fortune for them. Any one have any pointers to get the lights to work? Where is the battery, etc?

Just a thought, it's generally not a good idea to leave batteries in any device for a couple of years like that. They can and do leak and will corrode whatever is near to them badly.

Just a thought, it's generally not a good idea to leave batteries in any device for a couple of years like that. They can and do leak and will corrode whatever is near to them badly.

Uhmmm, you can't take the batteries out of these shoes. He's talking about the real MAGs. Lol

Ah, well that makes things an awful lot harder :D . That not withstanding, my point about leaving batteries in devices for long periods may still be relevant. I cannot think of many other ways, other than corrosion, that would cause something battery powered to stop working when it's not been used.

well since im pretty sure the battery is inside that white buckle, you can probably open that up and check the wiring/circuit.

i'm sure its fixable, it would just need someone to attempt to open it and inspect it.

Nike put in a custom circuit board with lithium battery so you will probably need and electronics expert to take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, well that makes things an awful lot harder :D . That not withstanding, my point about leaving batteries in devices for long periods may still be relevant. I cannot think of many other ways, other than corrosion, that would cause something battery powered to stop working when it's not been used.

Well its not just battery that can stop working, its the wiring that may have come loose.
The wiring is under the soles and within the grey fabric.

It more than likely a loose connection somewhere has shorted out the circuit. It may be a matter of opening up and resoldering.

You would think that the Nike engineers would put some thought into a built in battery. I know li-ion holds energy for longer periods of time. I also stored them on a full charge which is what is recomended to do.

If only one shoe wasn't working i would assume that its a loose connection or short circuit. 2 shoe's leaves me to believe its either the battery or charger

If only one shoe wasn't working i would assume that its a loose connection or short circuit. 2 shoe's leaves me to believe its either the battery or charger

that's really strange. Since both are out I too agree that it is most likely the charger. It would be HIGHLY unlikely that BOTH batteries would go bad at the same time. Where are you located?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back