Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - The Bus

the emblem is painted on, so i'll paint it on :)
It looks raised because of the white boarder and the solid black paint.

black on black. It's a 'stealth' craft so it'll have some magnetic coating the USAF uses which is a shade of black. I'm just going to mimic that and get it as close as possible to an average of what I see. Kinda like what I did with the fan blades.

FuesFx have a vid on their site of work they've done on MAOS. Click the Shield Show Reel link here

HOME | FUSEFX
At the end of the clip there are a bunch of shots of The Bus. Also there's a wireframe view fron the underside which is interesting. Maybe someone should convince them to post orthographic views like Zoic did for the ships in BSG

Yea that thought crossed my mind, since I have some experience (many years ago) building RC aircraft, but thankfully it didn't stick too much. Would be a sick build with enough room for insane details, but building it to fly will be very tricky. Not impossible, just tricky. If then somehow the VTOL can be made to work, it would even show up the guys at Lockheed and Boeing. But just getting it airborne normally will be a fun challenge... Maybe next year after I clear out a few things...

Yea that thought crossed my mind, since I have some experience (many years ago) building RC aircraft, but thankfully it didn't stick too much. Would be a sick build with enough room for insane details, but building it to fly will be very tricky. Not impossible, just tricky. If then somehow the VTOL can be made to work, it would even show up the guys at Lockheed and Boeing. But just getting it airborne normally will be a fun challenge... Maybe next year after I clear out a few things...
Looking forward to it ;)
How is the 1/144 build comming Along
I saw a 1/72 kit but was a tad too expensive for me though 130€ + ( and Need 2)

That video was great! Too bad there is no way to save it, would have loved a clearer look at those wireframes.

wip9.jpg
I overlayed my own version of the bus over a still from teh show, I think I am close to their shape.

My build is coming along pretty good. Not as bad as I thought it would be. The way the kit is made makes the mods pretty simple. I TOTALLY missed the 1/72 scale C-17... but it's on my radar now, so if there's anyone out there that wants a big Bus, let me know.... and it seems big enough to make some things move (engines specifically) with some micro servos.

I gotta stop talking about it. I'm getting the itch.

My build is coming along pretty good. Not as bad as I thought it would be. The way the kit is made makes the mods pretty simple. I TOTALLY missed the 1/72 scale C-17... but it's on my radar now, so if there's anyone out there that wants a big Bus, let me know.... and it seems big enough to make some things move (engines specifically) with some micro servos.

I gotta stop talking about it. I'm getting the itch.

I'm in !;)

I updated my contest thread, but figured I should also update the main Bus thread...

cut up and stretched the cargo bay floor.
14084636904_276195b01d_z.jpg

the right side need some more adjustment...
13897565580_0f862a1bfd_z.jpg

cut and stretched the interior hull. glued up and came out straight. This was a mild PITA.
14104227303_77c20c586a_z.jpg

PITA or not, the results are good... and just look at all that room for the Lab...
13897569010_243cb37abd_z.jpg

Refined the cut on the rear wing, made the mount and dry fit...
14104237513_d6f186e788_z.jpg

14084165245_c18924e5a9_z.jpg

14080972511_f4992f639a_z.jpg

Looking great, cant wait to see your scratch built interiors.

Are you going to put lights in there?

Later today or tomorrow sometime, I'm going to start building the rafters that are in the Lab. Unfortunately, my CNC laser machine isn't here yet to make it a cake walk, so it looks like I'm making them the old-school way... strips of styrene, a pattern, a jig and a lot of patients.

The interior is seriously small and once the 2nd level is put in place, it's going to get dark and not much will be seen, so I'm going to light this thing up like a Christmas tree. Forward of the Lab will be the electronics board(s) where all fiber optics will go to. I might need to make it a 2 level circuit board, one for the interior lights and one for the exterior + flashing lights. I'm also trying out sanding the fiber optic strand to mimic fluorescent tube lighting... it looks promising so far.

I always admire people who can light their models, closest I came was buying some white LED christmas lights from poundshop.

I always admire people who can light their models, closest I came was buying some white LED christmas lights from poundshop.

There are a lot of firsts for me on this build... one of which is the lighting. This is the first time I've used LED's and fiber optics to light anything. I did a bunch of research first, found the FO out here in Athens (picked up 100 meters of it) and just jumped into the deep end. I spent an entire day just playing with the FO to get a feel for how it works. I did find that if the styrene glue gets onto the strand, it becomes brittle... good thing I had a second set of wings that weren't cut or glued together yet. But overall, I LOVE IT!!! I don't think I'll ever build another model and not light it up.

This drawing works if you want to build a model of the model on Coulson's desk. However, after looking at a lot of screen grabs, I have come to the conclusion that the CGI model does not match that drawing or Coulson's model. The wing root of the tail on the CG model is much broader than the drawing shows (which as someone else noticed, why it comes further ahead of the vertical tail than on the drawing/desk model. It looks like the root of the rear wing is almost (if not) the same as main wing. I have not figured out a way to accomplish this in plastic yet, so I am holding off on buying the second kit for now. (Looks like a lot of sectioning and chopping is going to be required.) I also think the nose is closer to a C-5 than a C-17 (pointier).

Yea, the blueprint is way off. As a reference for the one on Coulsons desk, it's ok, but not ok for a screen likeness.

Rear wing root is very different from the main wings.

Don't hold off on the 2nd kit. You WILL need almost all of it. And yes, a lot of cutting up. All I have left of the 2nd kit is: landing gear & doors, 1 complete engine (needed 3 of the 4 since i messed one up), bottom fuselage cover, horizontal stabilizers, some random bits that are covered with just the one kit and for now, both fuselage sections (but I may still need to cut those up too).

The nose is a C-17. The hump on the top and subsequent modifications to the front section gives the appearance of a pointier nose. The front on one CGI model (the pic in the OP) looks almost like it's from a jetliner.

Since i'm building the one on coulson desk ( if i'm able to Find a 1/72 one ill make the exact copy of the bus) i'm using the blueprints as a guide line i just scaled it to the exact Size using the main wing as a refference ;)

This is the orhos from the 3D version I am working on, restarted it three times trying to get the shape right, and I think I am pretty close this time, I don't know if it will help anyone.

4 view.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back