Didn't like Season 1 of Heroes of Cosplay? Open casting for Season 2!

Oh good. More people making costume makers look stupid. They should focus on the folks who are starting out and pull off cheap but nice builds. Wish they'd do one in pittsburgh, i'd try to get my friend to try out.

I just watched episode 5 and I cannot believe that this was made into a show. Yaya simply ruins it every single episode. I don't think I have it in me to sit through the last episode knowing how bad they edited the entire contest. I hope noone shows up for the casting call, but you know SOMEONE will because they 'want to make it like Yaya!'

Unless they do a complete rewrite of the show format, you can probably count me out on season two.

I vow I will not watch but I know better!

:lol More fun than rubbernecking at a traffic accident! :lol

Too bad they don't want girls from Detroit who can't sew to save their lives. :) Hey, I can make monsters that'll give you nightmares, but it took me six months to make a lined cape and it came out crooked.

If they really want to do a show about cosplayers, why not do one about the people who actually spend time, money, and effort building the costumes? Seems every costume on this show was built in under a week. No wonder half of them were crap.

unfortunately, like every other show on television, the target audience is larger than just us. Everyone on this board would like to see the development of creative ideas evolve from concept to finished piece, showcasing talent, creativity, and fun. It might even motivate people into being creative themselves. But that tarrget audience, of which I speak, requires scripted fake drama, and fake story line. That is what SyFi gives them them. So, it is no wonder that the people of this board feel cheated.

Would I apply for the show? Yes, I would still have fun doing it, just not watching it.

The problem is that the wrong producers are using the wrong people to promote this through artificial BS drama and unwillingness to accept experienced people.

I'll be so disappointed in anyone going on season 2. Season 1 I can kind of see. It was new, and maybe in a lot of ways the cast had the carpet pulled out from under them, but after seeing season 1, why would anyone want to be on season 2?

I'll be so disappointed in anyone going on season 2. Season 1 I can kind of see. It was new, and maybe in a lot of ways the cast had the carpet pulled out from under them, but after seeing season 1, why would anyone want to be on season 2?

Because there are a lot of attention sponges out there and people who have no self respect.

In a perfect world the producers of the show are listening to the audience and are planning to make some changes to season 2. I think a few tweaks to the show could fix a lot of the problems. I also think it would be awesome if they took some real good cosplayers and mixed them with cosplay newbs a la TLC's Trading Spaces. Have the experts teach the amateurs some skills and build some excellent costumes in a short amount of time. They get to have their deadline and personality dramas, and the audience learns a thing or two about costuming on the way. Also keeps the cosplayers fresh instead of the same tired drama episode after episode.

I would sign up to spend a week learning how to make costumes with almost everyone from season one, the only exception is Yaya-Han.

In a perfect world the producers of the show are listening to the audience and are planning to make some changes to season 2. I think a few tweaks to the show could fix a lot of the problems. I also think it would be awesome if they took some real good cosplayers and mixed them with cosplay newbs a la TLC's Trading Spaces. Have the experts teach the amateurs some skills and build some excellent costumes in a short amount of time. They get to have their deadline and personality dramas, and the audience learns a thing or two about costuming on the way. Also keeps the cosplayers fresh instead of the same tired drama episode after episode.

I would sign up to spend a week learning how to make costumes with almost everyone from season one, the only exception is Yaya-Han.

Good idea, I just think that they are going for the typical drama reality cookie cutter stuff, but with the cosplay audience. They probably feel like it would be too much like a tutorial and not a tv show if they showed any more of the building process. Which is unfortunate, because for an hour long show, they sure don't show much of any building going on.

Those shows are only interested in two things :

1) Show as much drama and people going nuts over nothing while ALWAYS struggling to meet some arbitrary deadline. That's why they screen candidates and only pick those that they feel they can manipulate in various ways to produce the best results.

2) Reinforce Joe Public's belief that they are the norm and everybody else is a neurotic freak who exists solely for their amusement.

I've been asked twice to appear on a show about my other hobby and they are quite persistent, until oddly enough when I ask them about my publication rights, they usually tell me they only have standard contracts that automatically make me waive away any rights. At that point they clam up and look for easier prey.

If they are going to do it with the drama and one week deadlines and all that stuff, they just need to do the whole show as it's own competition. At the actual contests on the show there are so many other costumes that are so much better, it makes the cast look like they have no clue. They fuss because they don't win, yet they are building this stuff the week of the con. They are glueing stuff on as they go on stage. The winners are the real cosplayers who have spent months/years, and lots of time and effort building their costumes. If they are all just going to build this stuff in a week just let them compete against each other and let's don't shame the real cosplayers.

I watchwd all 6 episodes in 1 day and only person I enjoyed was the steam punk guy who you could tell was teying his best to make it in the industry and seeing what he kept getting beat buy was a shock to me. Also enjoyed the woman who did the borderlands outfit that did look cool and happy she won something just for having a try.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

If they are going to do it with the drama and one week deadlines and all that stuff, they just need to do the whole show as it's own competition. At the actual contests on the show there are so many other costumes that are so much better, it makes the cast look like they have no clue. They fuss because they don't win, yet they are building this stuff the week of the con. They are glueing stuff on as they go on stage. The winners are the real cosplayers who have spent months/years, and lots of time and effort building their costumes. If they are all just going to build this stuff in a week just let them compete against each other and let's don't shame the real cosplayers.

This^^

After giving it much thought, I think I know who is perfect to be on HoC.

I thought, and I think we all thought, the contestants were people who wanted to get 'in the business' of costume and prop making for movies and tv.

But really I think the show is for a somewhat already well-know cosplayer to raise their public profile, increase their fan base and social media followers, and start getting invited to be guests at conventions with that 'as seen on HoC' title.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back