What's Your Experience Ordering from South Beach Leather?

TimeyWimey

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I ordered a Rocketeer jacket from them a week ago, and there's been no update to the order status yet. They didn't return an Email yet that I sent a couple of days ago, and nobody picked up when I called them just now, so I left a voicemail.

Just so I know what to expect, has anyone here ordered anything from them recently, and what was your experience? How long did it take until there was a status update on the order page? How long did it take before they shipped the order? I've no idea what their usual operating procedure is.

Thanks in advance for any info or advice you may have.

UPDATE:
The jacket arrived after 16 days, and it's lovely. Picture in the last post. :)

Last edited:
have they contacted you yet?

i havent dealt with them for about 4 years....but they always responded within 3-4 business days....the jackets are made overseas in india

Not a peep from them. Sunday will be two weeks. If no reply by then I'm going to see if Paypal can reverse the charges. Otherwise I'm out $200. :(

I've sent them another email and opened a dispute on PayPal. Hopefully they'll reply soon to me or to PayPal. At this point I'm wondering if I'd be better off canceling this and paying twice as much to someplace that's a little less fly-by-night.

Well, that seems to have worked. Sam emailed me with an apology and a tracking number, and supposedly I'll see the jacket in three days.

I just checked the DHL tracking number, and it's been picked up in Karachi, Pakistan. Sweet.

Last edited:
I bought a Rocketeer jacket from them and requested they change the buttons for me. The communication wasn't quite great, in the sense that the buttons I asked for were not quite the ones I got from them, but overall I'm pleased with the quality of the leathercrafting, and the fit was basically perfect.

It should be out for delivery today. I got a tracking notice from DHL and my street name was completely mangled, so I just called DHL to correct it. And DHL had my phone number, but it was also horribly mangled. So I'm glad I called to correct it! All this information was correct on my order form and in paypal, so there was some serious fat-finger typing going on.

Crossing my fingers...

The jacket arrived, and it's very nice. It's fairly accurate, it seems sturdy enough, the buttons are perfectly acceptable, and it fits very well. I couldn't be more pleased.

The address was terribly messed up because of the guy's handwriting. Because I knew he wrote "Ivy Oak" I could read it, but the person at DHL had no idea what it was supposed to say and did they best they could.

Anyway, I'll be sending South Beach Leather an email thanking them for it, I think it's a very good value.

jacket01.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back