Batman Beyond-based on art by Mark Vick

AGFRX7

Sr Member
Well, I've been holding off till I had some decent progress photos to share but here we go.
I was able to get in touch with the artist and creator of this original Batman Beyond design. He gave me the 3d files to make things a little easier. (No I cannot share them)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381712941964.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381712941964.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4,520
Using a mannequin as my base I added sulphur free clay till the entire exterior was larger that my body in every circumference.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381713115561.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381713115561.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,862
Using the 3d files shared by the artist, and with the help of my friends with 3d printers, I am printing the components to the belt in segments. Here is the buckle just out of the printer.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381713344366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381713344366.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,198
Surprised no one has commented yet. This is a really nice start. It shows some real talent. I gotta be honest though, I'm not a huge fan of the original artwork. I think it's way too busy. But perhaps seeing it in real life will change my mind?

I'm always looking out for good Batman Beyond builds so I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Surprised no one has commented yet. This is a really nice start. It shows some real talent. I gotta be honest though, I'm not a huge fan of the original artwork. I think it's way too busy. But perhaps seeing it in real life will change my mind?

I'm always looking out for good Batman Beyond builds so I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Thank you for compliment. This is my first time working with clay... although I have worked with bondo quite a bit.lots of similar shaping principles.

Shame about sharing the files. I have slowly been collecting bits for doing this exact same suit; I am so glad someone is taking it on, and doing it right. A few people have started one of these, but I have never seen one finished. Are you going to try and do any sort of lights in this build?

Shame about sharing the files. I have slowly been collecting bits for doing this exact same suit; I am so glad someone is taking it on, and doing it right. A few people have started one of these, but I have never seen one finished. Are you going to try and do any sort of lights in this build?

Yeah the artist didn't want his 3d files floating around the web. I can understand where he is coming from.
I don't plan on doing lights, Just paint red in the lines. I will however be wearing red scleras for the eyes.

This is really ambitious.
I would like to suggest that you mold the sculpt in sections as you get them sculpted.
Example: Sculpt torso/ mold and cast. Make left arm/ mold and cast, and so on.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back