Batman Beyond-based on art by Mark Vick

Very nice clean lines there! I hope your casting the mask in silicone so the mount works right. Would love to see that! I'll be following this thread closely. Is that chavant clay?

Very nice clean lines there! I hope your casting the mask in silicone so the mount works right. Would love to see that! I'll be following this thread closely. Is that chavant clay?

It's like chavant clay as in its a sulphur free oil clay. I don't recall the brand, but i'll look when I get home. We are lucky to have a Reynolds aka Smooth-On store here in Phoenix, and the manager has become a friend/mentor in giving me some serious pointers.

Excellent, I don't use many Smooth On products as they're on the expensive side over here but I do love their urethane. Would be interested in the name of the clay when you get a sec :)

Shoulder sculpted.... this took much much longer than I expected

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381997429536.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381997429536.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 888
Excellent, I don't use many Smooth On products as they're on the expensive side over here but I do love their urethane. Would be interested in the name of the clay when you get a sec :)

Since I don't have to pay for shipping, I can justify getting it :)

Btw, the clay is by J-Mac. I haven't heard of them prior to buying it from Reynolds (who also sell chavant) but its much cheaper than chavant.

Wasn't able to do much yesterday but I added the collar bone and after looking at the art work more in depth, I realized that the chest symbol is actually raised... So I added a bit more clay and slightly reshaped it to closer match the art.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382137809827.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382137809827.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 791
Loving what you are doing with this!
Will it light up too?

Nope no lights. I actually get asked that question a lot. The red will stand out against the black extremely well, so I'm not worried. Besides, to do el wire for the massive amounts of "circuitry" would be more money and headache than I'd be willing to invest into

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back