Dragoncon 2014

10154067_296012317231699_1980193804_n.jpg11860_296012343898363_414501025_n.jpgso here is my pink panther cosplay im going to do this year at dragon con... well first im giving it a test run at marble city comic con in knox tn in 2 weeks

Man, I am so pissed. I had called a hotel a block away from the con for this upcoming year. I reserved a room for $99 a night and for 5 days. I was told I'd get a confirmation email. Never did. I forgot about it until a few days after I decided to call back to check on it. "Oh we don't have a reservation for you at all, We are completely sold out for that weekend too, sorry" *click*

I really really really hate people sometimes

Man, I am so pissed. I had called a hotel a block away from the con for this upcoming year. I reserved a room for $99 a night and for 5 days. I was told I'd get a confirmation email. Never did. I forgot about it until a few days after I decided to call back to check on it. "Oh we don't have a reservation for you at all, We are completely sold out for that weekend too, sorry" *click*

I really really really hate people sometimes

o_O....where did you reserve said room? If you don't get a confirmation in a few hours to a day, that's usually the time to start worrying. And at this point, with Dragon*con, always get the name of whomever you're dealing with. Even if it's an off site hotel. With the massive influx of people, stuff is bound to go haywire. Gotta cover your ground!

If worse comes to worse, there's a Dragon*con room FB page, where people will put their rooms up. The amount of left over rooms becomes quite full, about 2-3 months before con, due to people realizing they can't go. If they're part of that page, they won't put their room back into the generic pot, but will see if anyone needs one first.

Good luck with tracking down a room.
Looks like I'm going to need to track down alternative accommodations as well.
Oh well, part of the fun, right?

7069498542 is my number. im wilee (joe) everyone calls me wilee. just hit me up with a text and ill make sure to get with you for some pictures
Heya that'd be absolutely awesome =D Luci (aka Amber) but everyone calls me luci , nice to meet you! I will throw a text your way to connect :)

looks like it is coming along great matrix.... better work harder lol only got 4 months and some weeks

Thanks...yeah it feels like time is crunch time now, i have 2 costumes i'm working on and 1 that i haven't even started yet...haha...i'll finish in time, don't worry...just hope it all looks good is my thing...

so has anyone takin the rains on this whole rpf meet up?... if not ill just plan it out for us... im givin the the name spartacus ha ha i can lead us to a meetup if not to war at dragon con :p

haha, i said the same thing, seems like everyones up in the air, i know everyone was talking about having badges with there names or avatar, on it...i know we want to have a meet on thursday casual dress meaning not in costume and posible another meet on another day, and everyone was wanting to meet at a certain place that was said earlier, other then that it's up in the air....

Howed your test run go with the PP, was it as hot as you expected?...

well then ill take it up and say offical in plain clothes meet and greet thursday say 9pm at the pulse lounge bar.... then in costume friday 9pm same place... if that works. and the test rum when ok, it does get warm so im going to gets some under armor to wear under it and get my fan put in the head. other then that the eye holes are way to small ill have to re do them... other then that i was just walking around with my head off until ppl wanted pictures. it was a small con but everyone there wanted pictures with me so i cant begin to imagine the reaction at dragon con... now im trying to get my deadpool stuff together

actually ive changed my mind..... our meet up should be in the hilton lobby area because the mariott pulse bar will be very packed. i know alot of other groups using that place as their meet up

I don't do plain clothes at DCon, I'm in costume from the time I first get to my room until I head out for the airport. But I'm in for at least one of the meetups, and the Hilton bar area sounds good to me.

i know a lot of people seemed adamant on the Marriott, lets take a pole, who likes the Marriott idea who likes the Hilton idea?...Its gonna be packed but we all know Marriott's gonna be super packed. though we could always meet on the skyline level of the Marriott...that's also and Idea, any Ideas are welcome, we just need to come on a mutual agreement what location would be the best...

I vote Marriott Skyline level or Bar….it will be packed …..but if we want meet there just need anyone if group get there early to take the space for group meet up …:D:thumbsup .

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back