Dragoncon 2014

Hi everyone. I'm new to the boards here but I thought I would introduce myself to the Dragon*Con goers. Been going for 7 years now and just thought it would be nice to meet some people I've probably taken pictures with a thousand times.

May I ask where you heard that from?...

on the contourage website before it got pulled and is now redirecting to their facebook page
edit:
found it kahuna con which is happening at the same time of dcon is hosted and done by contourage
http://kahunacon.blogspot.com/
1016967_10151564658528230_886146418_n.jpg

edit 2:
reading more into it looks like contourage was trying to have an outdoor festival but dcon cockblocked them

Last edited:
Wow...thanks for the heads up and the info...So does that mean there aren't gonna be any parties in the Hotels?...I was really looking forward to the parties in the hotels, the wonder how much room they have at the new venue?...Also, the ticket site is down for buying tickets for these events for kahunacon...

Yeahhh...I believe Dragon*con's trying to bring down the hammer on where parties are held, harder and harder each year. They've become VERY strict on room parties over the past 5 years.

It seems if you're not a track that's hosting a party in a ball room, they're going to yell at you.

yeah i've noticed people don't really talk to much here...maybee cause its early...

So am I the only one that feels like I don't have enough time to finish my costume intime for dragoncon?...or do others feel the same?...(it's proble cause i'm working on 3 all at once...haha)...

i just started getting together my stuff for deadpool lol. and im also trying to get my camera and audio stuff in sync lol. this year we are going to make stupid videos and interview ppl. thats is going to be the start of my youtube channel. called the average joe show. we have alot of things we are working.... like the amazing racist.. the general poll... dare us... the daily ******* award.. and so other things... but we are trying to work it all in... right now im trying to work on alot of signs for my deadpool... and ive started to apply airbrushing to the costume to give it muscle texture. my pink panther is all but done and ill post some pics of it as soon as i take some

are you just doing a normal dead pool?...for my dead pool i'm doing something i've never seen any one do yet for a deadpool...for cosplay...

im doing the normal deadpool while my friend wants to do western gunslinger deadpool. im just doing the regular one cuz im going to be doing dumb things and interviewing ppl for my you tube channel that will be up soon

Ok the Matt Foley/Deadpool pictures are amazing.

And yeah it's a bit early, but I'm freaking out as I've got 4 costumes to finish. 1 having ALOT of work yet to go. Another having a bunch of bead work on it. The other two are middle ground and can be knocked out rather quickly. Then I have commissions on top of that....><!!

And as soon as summer hits, it'll be Dragon*con again before you can turn around.

yea thats the only thing i dont like about being deadpool is there is so many... so im still on the fence about it. i was only going to do it thursday while standing in line for my badge so me and my friends could shoot me interviewing ppl and maybe friday so i could get some film of me doing stupid things as deadpool. then after that im changing over to my pink panther for the rest of dragon con.

thanks, it's was funny Matt Foley was giving his motivational speech and the deadpools where copying his every move, it went on for about 4 minutes everyone laughing and crying till he realized they were behind him...that's when you see the confrontation picture...haha

I feel the same way, I have my main costume, then my easier one, then the easiest, but i'm trying to set a goal and a time line for all of them so they all work around one and other, then somehow all meet up in the end...still freaking out...

yeah i feel yah about deadpool and there being SO many, kinda like Harley Quinn also...I was thinking of making a really cheap fast made costume if i have time for thursday to "Ride" the line...hahha...

I am an atlanta local. Last year was my first con (dragon-con). we went as mortal kombat characters (sub-zero and smoke), this year it will be Ironman. Keep me updated on any RPF meet ups happening.

My wife, my son (who is due in April), and I will be attending for the first time this year. We are so excited! Luckily my father-in-law lives nearby so hotel isnt a worry.

-Daniel

LoL, i live in ATL, and i am still doing the hotel, That way i dont have to wake up early to drive in.

lol if i lived in atl i would just charge ppl to stay at my house lol..... and a new addition to my deadpool we are trying to make a stereo packback to play loud music and make it were i can carry a mic around with me and yell at ppl.... all to entertain myself while standing in line thursday..... speaking of that. what time is good to start getting there to stand in line?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back