Dragoncon 2014

Thanks bro. That will most likely be my best hope, unless I can find an unused handicap room in one of the hotels. One can always hope.....

I'll be there, no clue what new costumes I'm bringing yet except Johanna Mason's interview dress from Catching Fire. I'll have to see what I feel like making over the summer off my "maybe" list... as for old stuff, I'll probably bring my Dr Forrester (MST3K), Glimmer (She-Ra) and Donna Noble (Doctor Who) back.

They'll wait until the last possible minute, like they always do. They'll save a few big names for the last minute and they won't release a final schedule until a few days before the convention.

-Will

It's my 10th Dragon*con (and my bf and I's anniversary of meeting there in 2004)...so yes, we'll be there ;)!

Probably doing all LotR/Hobbit costumes, since that's what we met in. And...end of an era with the last Tolkien movie coming out this year. Might squeeze in our Skyrim costumes...we shall see!

My wife, my son (who is due in April), and I will be attending for the first time this year. We are so excited! Luckily my father-in-law lives nearby so hotel isnt a worry.

-Daniel

I'm in... Will likely be bringing Black Widow back, and trying to decide now between Padme (battle), Tauriel, and Frigga. Also been toying with the idea of a Corellian Jedi, but that's taken a back seat to a couple of other projects. Too many costumes; not enough time!

hey guys im new here lol, sorry me and my friends are attending the con this year and saw alot of ppl staying at the marriott and was wondering if you wouldnt mind making a few friends and letting us crash on the floor.... we wont be a bother to you... and heeck we will even help with the room and buy you a few drinks lol... i do hope to see all of you there.. last year me and my friends was dick in a box for snl and me and me ex girlfriend was jack and sally from nightmare before christmas... i know i saw the guy that was dressed like the crow... awesome job on that and i cant wait to see the sential... this year i been working hard and im breaking out my pink panther costume... its taking me like 5 months to get it almost right lol.. anyways im joe 706-949-8542 or urbestmistake17@yahoo.com if you want to contact me or just hit me up for a chat hope to talk to some of you and cant wait til the con

xxspartacusxx
Good luck with that Marriott request. There's a livejournal page you can track down that does the bulk of the room share/ room swap stuff. At this point, it'll be your best bet. Those rooms have been locked down for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
heres an update on one of my builds...thought I would post...
DSCN9693.JPG

Heres more pics if anyone is interested in seeing the entire build so far...I have documented it all...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200761285021191.2203409.1434458387&type=1&l=d090952b55

hey guys im new here lol, sorry me and my friends are attending the con this year and saw alot of ppl staying at the marriott and was wondering if you wouldnt mind making a few friends and letting us crash on the floor.... we wont be a bother to you... and heeck we will even help with the room and buy you a few drinks lol... i do hope to see all of you there.. last year me and my friends was dick in a box for snl and me and me ex girlfriend was jack and sally from nightmare before christmas... i know i saw the guy that was dressed like the crow... awesome job on that and i cant wait to see the sential... this year i been working hard and im breaking out my pink panther costume... its taking me like 5 months to get it almost right lol.. anyways im joe 706-949-8542 or urbestmistake17@yahoo.com if you want to contact me or just hit me up for a chat hope to talk to some of you and cant wait til the con

Not sure if your talking about me when you said the Crow Cosplay. I saw 2 other crows there, a younger kid and an older gentleman...I was there with my Girl friend at the time...She broke up with me right after DragonCon sadly, and moved to another state...If you were talking about me, thanks for the complement...
1172305_424216061023170_1059237138_o.jpg1243695_424215951023181_1317781200_o.jpg

may have a picture of you and your ex dress up as well...

Last edited:
I wish dcon would get here already lol.
Does anyone know whats up with con*tourage word was they weren't having parties at dcon2014 and hosting somewhere else.

thats awesome matrix..... im sorry to hear about you and yor girl though. i know its always a hard thing..... this year im being smart and not taking any girl lol. and as far as i know josh dcon will be full of parties. both host and room/floor parties

also i think a plain clothes meet on thrust at pluse would be good idea and then maybe a costume meet fri morning, that way it would be early and then ppl could go head out to do as they please or at least you can have someone to travel around with if you hit it off as friends there :)

I'm hoping to make lots of friends this go around...I'm going by myself this year, and won't know anyone at the con other then my cousin that's gonna be there with all his friends...and i really don't want to rain on there parade...i'm defiantly down for a meet on thurs and a meet on another day, permitting it doesn't interfere with things going on...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back