Dragoncon 2014

I decided to take a break from sewing pants to change the Simplicity pirate coat pattern into something usable. Surprisingly, the body was basically spot on, but the sleeves needed a massive overhaul. All I have to do now is make some pattern pieces for the embroidery panels. And then, you know, make the thing. And a shirt.

I may be a bit late to the meetup, the SCF scheduled its meet up at the same time. How long do these meet ups usually last? Oh and I've changed my avatar if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
image.jpg

My girlfriend finished all of her costumes and says she wishes she could help me with mine, but she's in another state until the con. So I'm working late every night. Got the back of my coat cut out and sewn together, was kind of wanting to do the fronts and put in all the body interfacing tonight, but my back is killing me.

Also, whoever invented polyester can eat a fat one. "What if we wove some fabric, but instead of using cotton, or linen, or wool; what if we used plastic?" Seriously, I hope they're burning in hell right now. It's not even possible to press seams open.

I may be a bit late to the meetup, the SCF scheduled its meet up at the same time. How long do these meet ups usually last? Oh and I've changed my avatar if that makes a difference.

Not sure about how long there meet will be, but we should be there for an hour or two, who knows, keep and eye out for the RPF logo, nun the less...

- - - Updated - - -

i love this...made me laugh....thanks...

the SCF scheduled its meet up at the same time.

I think you've got that backwards ;)

The SCF's meet-n-greets were announced in May, and they're been held on the same days / time for the last 5 years.

Sorry that it's conflicting! And wish I could come to this one, but I'm sort of obligated at the other one, being the Owner and all.

Allen

- - - Updated - - -

yeaaahhh..... The man that runs SCF pulled together a big photo post over on their forum about it, there's gonna be some serious issues in terms of the large shoots. They've already banned any photogs that were not put on the list already, from shooting the big marvel and dc shoots. People are going to have to wait outside the area to take shots of anyone who is posing for the hilton steps shoots. :( talk about making things complicated....

Other photographers are not "banned." They simply won't be able to take pictures of ONE of the large group photos - the one on the right of the hallway. They'll be free to take pictures of subgroups and of the large group shot to the left of the hallway.

Allen
Director of these shoots

Other photographers are not "banned." They simply won't be able to take pictures of ONE of the large group photos - the one on the right of the hallway. They'll be free to take pictures of subgroups and of the large group shot to the left of the hallway.

Allen
Director of these shoots
I tried to keep my message short as possible, I knew that they can shoot the smaller groups, I had intended for my message to mean the main large group sorry for the confusion! xD
I did not however know about the left and right side bit, good to know! =D I thought it was very cool of you to put together that huge photo post about the close offs happening out there, that was really awesome of you to be so detailed! <3

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back