Dragoncon 2014

I would go this year (I had a blast last year with my first Ironman foam build) but I'm giving myself a year off to build a more epic Ironman Mark VII (colored like the comics black and gold) and making my wife a Warmachine suit as well. Both I'm going to go with the cardboard, resin, fiberglass, bondo route so they will last longer and look better. So I hope to see everyone in 2015 :)

I couldn't get a room on there list does any know of a close hotel I will be In full costume every day so I don't want to be to far.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't get a room on there list does any know of a close hotel I will be In full costume every day so I don't want to be to far

I'll be going, although I'm currently booked at the Regency Suites, which is a ways away. I'm excited but trying to figure out the logistics of making it down there from Toronto and getting to the convention from where i'm booked.

Hopefully bringing my complete Diablo 3 Witch Doctor character gear. Not... sure how that will work just yet. But at least I have time!

ETA: Also, debating between driving and flying down, given what I need to take with me.

I would go this year (I had a blast last year with my first Ironman foam build) but I'm giving myself a year off to build a more epic Ironman Mark VII (colored like the comics black and gold) and making my wife a Warmachine suit as well. Both I'm going to go with the cardboard, resin, fiberglass, bondo route so they will last longer and look better. So I hope to see everyone in 2015 :)

Sorry that you won't make it, I believe I saw you walking around this year, I have to say the card stock route is the best if you want the detail, though it takes longer, hence why mine wasn't finished in time for this year...should be done by next year with all my effects...i'm hoping :::fingers crossed::: good luck on your build and your wife's build...can't wait to see how it comes out...i already have 100+ hrs in my i'm keeping track of the whole process and times as well...i'm almost about to start the resin stage...

We gotta do a RPF party with nametags and Avatar pictures.

Staying at the Marriott and working on my Sentinel, thats the only place to stay with these big costumes.

We gotta do a RPF party with nametags and Avatar pictures.

Staying at the Marriott and working on my Sentinel, thats the only place to stay with these big costumes.

I'm totally down for that, I was thinking the same thing, I was thinking of making some type of nametag everyone could print out and put there names on and such...well from what eveyone on here has talked about and such, every one agrees that the pulse lounge would be a good meeting spot, so the next question is what day would be the best?...Thur, Frid, Sat, Sun, Mon?...

This will be my first year attending Dragon*Con! I am beyond excited, especially since Kamui Cosplay just got confirmed as a guest!

Last year was my first Dragoncon, it was amazing....your gonna have the best time of your life...Warning, after your first Dragoncon you will come back for more...haha...

- - - Updated - - -

So any one have any input on what day would be the best for us to have our RPF meet?...

For me, it will depend on what time of day and whether it conflicts with any programming, i guess? Or maybe if there's a panel near the end of the day that many of us might attend, perhaps meeting up afterward would be a good solution?
I'll be there for sure Friday thru Monday.

So no one really has given any input yet, thurs, friday, sat, sun...what day would be the best, i'm thinking the earlier the better, that way I know me as much as anyone else, wants to talk about the costumes they've made, if we have an early meet, then we can talk about out costumes and when we see one and other later on through out the on coming days well be like hay thats "so and so, dude your cosplay is amazing, i talked to you at the rpf meet"...

but i could be wrong, whats everyone's take on this...I don't mind steping forward and taking charge, i have a tendency to do so...just let me know if you want me to head it up or not...

Earlier does sound better. That way we may be able to recognize each other later.
Thursday night, maybe? Somewhere we can gather plainclothes and say hello.
Do we want to do dinner or something? There's a Chinese place nearby that is decent.

-Will

My room is booked for check in Friday, check out Tuesday. I haven't made plans for transport yet, but it might be difficult for me to arrange for accomodation one day in advance at this point.

I know a few people wanted to meet up at the Pulse lounge, were we still wanting to meet up there, or some where else?...whats everyone's opinion?...

Also something I just thought of, we could have a pre-meet up, like on Thursday and such, and then we could have another meet, up like friday or saturday for the people that don't get there on thur, whats everyone's opinion on this...just a thought...

Also, as far as making badges with our names and avatars, is everyone still wanting to do that?...I can make a basic layout, and post and everyone can just add your avatar to it and print it out...

If anyone has any other idea's please post, the more ideas the better...

the closer the con gets the more traffic this thread will get, but Im glad we are hammering out details now. Im game for the rpf badge, Id probably wear it for the whole con :)

the closer the con gets the more traffic this thread will get, but Im glad we are hammering out details now. Im game for the rpf badge, Id probably wear it for the whole con :)

I was thinking the same thing just the other day about this getting a lot more hits closer to the date...

Any ideas how we want the badge to look?...do we want to just use the basic rpf logo...and ad on to it...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back